The IANA evolution program’s primary focus is the stewardship over the IANA functions for the Internet in General and the IETF in particular.
Its main focus is on:
- the contractual relations between the US DoC and ICANN;
- the IANA MoU (RFC2860);
- the development of a vision with respect to the future of the IANA functions; and
- implementation and interpretation of the above.
The program acts also as a think-tank and advices the IAB on strategic and liaison issues.
In some cases this group may provide guidance and insight on matters relating ICANN in general.
The group is not responsible for daily operational guidance, such as review of the SLA between the IETF and ICANN. A separate mailing list ‘ietf-iana’ exists for that.
- Bernard Aboba (Program Lead)
- Jari Arkko
- Marc Blanchet
- Alissa Cooper
- Russ Housley
- Olaf Kolkman (Program Chair)
- Marcelo Bagnulo
- Leslie Daigle
- Bill Graham
- John Klensin
- Danny McPherson
- Alexey Melnikov
- Thomas Narten
- Andrei Robachevsky
- Lynn St. Amour
The group focuses on the following work items
- Identifying the desired strategic direction for the relationship of IETF, US DoC, and IANA function
- Tracking the developments surrounding the DoC IANA function contract
- Responding to specific developments and information requests on this topic