MINUTES FOR NOVEMBER 12, 1996 IAB TELECONFERENCE
Business meeting at San Jose IETF 7:30 Tuesday evening December 10; open meeting Wednesday evening December 11.
- Fred Baker and Brian Carpenter: Get feedback from the Operations Area directors on proposal that the IAB be the approval body for IANA documents–deal with IANA document review issue.
- Chris Weider: “Assigned numbers should be available from an online dictionary”–figure out what to do.
- Brian Carpenter: Get relevant ISO standards documents (e.g., 10646) available to the IETF community online.
- Brian Carpenter: Get Bob Hinden (or someone else) to produce a document articulating the technical value of IPv6 beyond large addresses.
NEW ACTION ITEMS:
OLD ACTION ITEMS:
1. review actions and drafts in progress
“Address behavior” in queue at RFC editor.
“Character set” draft in ID queue.
3. IRTF news
Discussions underway on creation of a RG on policy for resource reservation.
4. IESG liaison report
5. security workshop – finalize goals & date
Preliminary agenda has been sent to the IAB list by Robert Moskowitz.
Time frame: late February, early March at AT&T Labs in New Jersey.
Goal is 20-30 attendees. Will ask Security AD and IAB members with expertise on security for suggestions of people to invite; will also ping NomComm. IAB and IESG will be invited, but will be discouraged from all attending.
6. IAHC report
Press release is being drafted; should be released today.
Hope to finish work by end of year.
They would like to present a short Q&A during the open IAB meeting time, chaired by Don Heath.
7. plan San Jose meetings
year 2000 issues
int-serv/rsvp/issll/qosr/mmusic/avt–what is missing? (Jon Crowcroft)
document desirable features of protocols (Radia Perlman)
“the IAB is still not doing enough architecture”
> still doing a lot of policy–how else could this be handled?
use IAHC experience to address this
report on recent IAB activities
Joint breakfast meetings with IESG.
Business meeting at San Jose IETF 7:30 Tuesday evening December 10;
open meeting Wednesday evening December 11.
Dinner proposed Tuesday evening.
Regular teleconference second Tuesday of the month at 10:00 AM Eastern Time.
These minutes were prepared by Abel Weinrib, email@example.com. An online copy of these and other minutes are available at http://www.iab.org/documents/IABmins. Also, visit the IAB Web page at http://www.iab.org/iab.