MINUTES FOR MAY 11, 1999 IAB TELECONFERENCE
Don Heath (ISOC liaison)
Keith Moore (IESG liaison)
Joyce Reynolds (RFC Editor liaison)
Abel Weinrib (IAB Executive Director, IRTF Chair)
Teleconference Tuesday June 15, 10-12 Eastern Time.
NEW ACTION ITEMS:
OLD ACTION ITEMS:
- John Klensin and Rob Austein: Organize mini-workshop in Oslo on DNS scaling concerns.
- Brian Carpenter, Erik Huizer: Plan “Network Layer Futures” IAB workshop.
- Fred Baker, Charlie Perkins: Plan IAB workshop on wireless/mobility.
- Steve Deering: Organize a BOF on anycast addressing.
- Steve Deering: Make sure routing ADs are aware of multi-stranding routing.
- Steve Deering: Suggest to Routing Area ADs that they consider work on QOS-, TOS- and constraint-based routing.
- Steve Deering: Ask Routing Research Group to study what is breaking routing in the default-free zone and analyze multicast routing.
- Steve Deering for Charlie Perkins: Figure out what was actually meant by the routing workshop item on SNMPv3 authentication, rate limiting, etc.; send to O&M ADs.
- Steve Deering for Charlie Perkins: Get detailed routing workshop notes published on IAB web site.
IAB DRAFTS IN PROGRESS:
- Brian Carpenter: Transparency
- Ongoing. New draft out.
- Tony Hain: NAT/VPN
- Ongoing. New draft out.
- Ned Freed: Security, firewalls, proxies, etc.
- Ongoing. Draft out before Utrecht workshop.
- Steve Bellovin: Applicability statement for security building blocks.
- Ongoing. Working towards publishing as an RFC.
- Brian Carpenter and Erik Huizer: IAB charter (updated RFC 1601).
- On hold.
- Steve Deering for Charlie Perkins: The case for IPv6.
- Ongoing. Review comments to be incorporated.
1. review actions
2. review drafts in progress
Next teleconference rescheduled to June 15.
Oslo meetings: Business meeting Sunday evening.
4. IRTF news and chair
Erik Huizer appointed chair of the IRTF for a two year term. He will start early autumn.
5. IESG liaison report
6. ICANN/IANA/PSO status
PSO statement published as a draft. Next step is meeting in Berlin.
7. Bill Simpson appeal
(Recused: Ran Atkinson, Fred Baker, Harald Alvestrand.)
In accordance with our practices, the process will be: Publish text of appeal to IETF community, asking for written input; then hold public session at an IETF meeting with time-limited comments from the floor. Since Bill Simpson will not be in Oslo, he can phone in to a public session in Oslo or, at his request, defer to the November IETF meeting.
Regular teleconference second Tuesday of the month at 10:00 AM Eastern Time.
These minutes were prepared by Abel Weinrib, email@example.com. An online copy of these and other minutes are available at http://www.iab.org/documents/IABmins. Also, visit the IAB Web page at http://www.iab.org/iab.