The IANA program’s primary focus is the stewardship over the IANA functions for the Internet in General and the IETF in particular.
Its main focus is on:
- the IANA MoU (RFC2860) and related agreements between stakeholders;
- maintaining a vision of the role of the IANA functions; and
- implementation and interpretation of the above.
The program acts also as a think-tank and advises the IAB on strategic and liaison issues.
In some cases this group may provide guidance and insight on matters relating ICANN in general.
The group is not responsible for daily operational guidance, and does not have any formal role in contracts relating to the IANA functions.
The group focuses on the following high-level work items and responsibilities:
- Tracking the developments surrounding the IANA functions and their use in the Internet ecosystem
- Responding to specific developments and information requests on this topic
Results and References
- IANA MoU
- IETF Trust agreement on IANA
- Appointment Procedures for the IETF Representatives to the Community Coordination Group (CCG)
- IAB response to the IANA NOI
- Defining the Role and Function of IETF Protocol Parameter Registry Operator (RFC6220)
- ICANN-IETF Service Level Agreements
- ICANN performance evaluation
- Information on IANA performance
- IANA oversight statement by IETF Administrative Director
- RFC 7500: Principles for Operation of Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Registries
- Comments on RDAP Operational Profile for gTLD Registries and Registrars
- Comments on the CCWG-Accountability 3rd Draft Report
- Comments on the CCWG-Accountability 2nd Draft Report
- Comments on the ICG Proposal
- Comments on the CCWG-Accountability 1st Draft Report
- Statement on the NETmundial Initiative
- Evolution on the IANA Protocol Parameter Registries
- Jari Arkko (IAB Co-Lead)
- Alissa Cooper
- Stephen Farrell (IAB Co-Lead)
- Ted Hardie
- Marc Blanchet
- Russ Housley
- Barry Leiba
- Jonne Soininen
- Suzanne Woolf