The IETF Protocol Registries Oversight Committee (IPROC) is an IAB program, as well as subcommittee of the IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC).
The primary focus of the IPROC is oversight of operations related to processing IETF protocol parameter requests. In addition, the IPROC reviews the service level agreement (SLA) between the IETF and ICANN, which is typically updated each year to reflect current expectations.
The IPROC advises the IAB and the IAOC. The IAB is responsible for IANA oversight with respect to the protocol parameter registries. The IAOC is ultimately responsible for the fiscal and administrative support for the IANA protocol parameter registries.
The IPROC is focused on operations of the protocol parameter registries, not all of the IANA-related activities for the global Internet. For more information on IAB activities related to broader IANA topics, please see the IANA Evolution Program.
The IPROC routinely does the following:
- Provides review and recommendations related to the annual updates to the SLA between the IETF and ICANN;
- Oversees and reviews deliverables described in the annual SLA;
- Reviews operational issues related to processing protocol parameter requests, IESG designated experts, and tools development; and
- Responds to specific developments and information requests.
- Jari Arkko (IETF Chair)
- Russ Housley, (IAB Lead for the IANA Evolution Program)
- Andrew Sullivan, IPROC Chair (IAB Chair)
- Bernard Aboba
- Michelle Cotton (IANA Liaison to the IETF)
- Leslie Daigle (IAOC Chair)
- Elise Gerich (VP, IANA Department)
- Ray Pelletier (IETF Administrative Director)
- Jonne Soininen (IETF Liaison to ICANN Board)