From: Leslie Daigle <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 3:29 PM To: IETF Announcement List <email@example.com> Cc: IAB <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Call for Nominations: IETF-Selected ISOC Trustee
The Internet Society (ISOC) provides organizational and financial support for the IETF. As part of the arrangements between ISOC and the IETF, the IETF is called upon to name 3 Trustees to its Board (BoT), with staggered 3 year terms. This requires that the IETF select one Trustee each year.
A description of the IAB’s process for selecting the Trustee each year can be found in RFC3677.
The timeline the IAB is using this year is as follows:
|January 19:||Open nominations period.|
|February 22:||Close of nominations period.|
|Publication of list of nominated candidates.|
|IAB commences consideration of candidates.|
|On or before|
|April 5:||IAB selection delivered to IESG for confirmation.|
|On or before|
|May 3:||Delivery of final confirmed selection to the ISOC|
|Elections Committee for announcement with the rest|
|of the new ISOC BoT slate.|
Nominations (including self-nominations) should be sent to the IAB — email@example.com. Please include e-mail contact details with the nomination.
Nominees should be aware that ISOC Trustees are elected to three year terms with approximately one third of the Board of Trustees elected each year. The responsibilities of a Trustee include fiscal management of the Internet Society, fundraising, and participation in 3 physical Board meetings plus 3 conference-call meetings per year. The desirable characteristics of a candidate that are specific to the IETF-selected ISOC BoT member are outlined in section 2 of RFC 3677.
Nominees will be asked to provide to the IAB:
- Confirmation of their willingness to be considered within this process.
- Full name and contact information.
- A statement confirming willingness and ability to devote an appropriate level of time to activities associated with the position of Trustee.
- A brief biography outlining experience and background.
- A statement of interests, concerns about the Internet Society, goals as a Trustee and motivation to serve as a Trustee.
- Any further information that is relevant to the work of the IAB in considering your nomination.
Care of Personal Information
The following procedures will be used by the IAB in managing this process:
- The candidate’s name will be published, with all other candidate names, at the close of the nominations period
- Excerpts of the information provided to the IAB by the nominated candidate will be passed to the IESG as part of the confirmation process. The IESG will be requested to maintain confidentiality of the candidate’s information
- Except as noted above, all information provided to the IAB during this process will be kept confidential to the IAB.
Current IETF-Selected Trustees
The current IETF-Selected ISOC Trustees and their term of appointment are:
|Margaret Wasserman||2003 – 2006 (*)|
|Eric Huizer||2004 – 2007|
|Fred Baker||2005 – 2008|
(*) Current term expires in 2006