MINUTES FOR APRIL 19, 1995 IAB TELECONFERENCE
Teleconference May 10, 10-12 EDT.
- Chris Weider: Make sure the information infrastructure workshop report gets published.
- Christian Huitema: Contact ISO liaison re. relationships with other JTC1 organizations.
- Christian Huitema: Send note to ISOC (Vint Cerf) suggesting that ISOC pursue becoming a member of ITU.
- Abel Weinrib: Send out last year’s “areas of interest” ballot to the IAB list.
- Lixia Zhang and Brian Carpenter: Study relationship of IP over ATM and int-serv work.
- Christian Huitema: Prepare security “propaganda” (summary of what is going on in security coordinating with Jeff Schiller).
- All: Send suggestions for areas of work and people to lead them for the IRTF.
- Lixia Zhang: Make progress on the special group on non-provider based addressing.
- Jon Postel and Abel Weinrib: Develop a draft document outlining the rules, practices, etc. for the Internet Research Task Force.
- Jon Postel (IANA): Report on problems with the current DNS registry process and possible solutions.
- Lixia Zhang, Yakov Rekhter and Phill Gross: Write discussion paper on the impact of commercialization on the Internet.
- Christian Huitema: Write discussion paper on the integration of services and its impact on usage and models of usage.
- Yakov Rekhter: Revise RFC 1560.
- John Romkey: Create report on information infrastructure workshop.