Minutes IAB Teleconference 2008-07-23
1. Roll-call, agenda-bash, approval of minutes, administrivia
Olaf Kolkman (IAB Chair)
Lynn St. Amour (ISOC Liaison)
Aaron Falk (IRTF Chair)
Sandy Ginoza (RFC Editor Liaison)
Russ Housley (IETF Chair)
Dow Street (IAB Executive Director)
Mark Townsley (IESG liaison)
2. IETF 72 Technical Plenary Preparations
This was a special meeting to finalize preparations for the IETF 72
technical plenary. The group reviewed the list of panelists, and
identified a couple of back-up presenters. As of now, the panel is
likely to consist of Lorenzo Colitti (Google), Mark Kosters (ARIN),
Alain Durand (Comcast), Stuart Cheshire (Apple), and Shin Miyakawa
(NTTcom). John Curran (ARIN) and Terry Davis (Boeing) were also
contacted, but will not be able to participate.
The group then spent some time reviewing draft slides submitted by
Lorenzo Colitti and Angus Lees of Google. Some of the interesting
questions raised by the board, and suitable for the panel
– How did those deploying IPv6 get management buy-in to do so?
– How does IPv6 deployment benefit the company?
– What were the technical problems encountered during deployment?
– What were the timing and/or schedule factors of deployment?
– Were there any technology gaps identified along the way?
– What were the notable successes?
During the slide review there was a short discussion of Teredo (RFC
4380) and NAT-PT as IPv6 transition options. The group also spent
a few minutes at the end of the meeting discussing BOF coverage in
Dublin and a plan for testing the Marratech conferencing software
on 30 July.