Minutes of the 2015-03-22 IAB Business Meeting, Dallas, Texas, USA
- Jari Arkko (IETF Chair)
- Alia Atlas (IESG Liaison)
- Mary Barnes
- Marc Blanchet
- Ralph Droms
- Mat Ford (ISOC Liaison)
- Joel Halpern
- Ted Hardie
- Joe Hildebrand
- Russ Housley (IAB Chair)
- Eliot Lear
- Xing Li
- Cindy Morgan (IAB Executive Administrative Manager)
- Erik Nordmark
- Robert Sparks
- Andrew Sullivan
- Dave Thaler
- Brian Trammell
- Suzanne Woolf
- Lars Eggert (IRTF Chair)
- Olaf Kolkman (present for items 2-4 only)
- Hannes Tschofenig (present for item 4 only)
1. Executive Session: IAB Chair Election
In an executive session, the IAB selected Andrew Sullivan as the IAB Chair for 2015-2016.
2. IAB Positions
Brian Trammell will continue to serve as the IAB Liaison to the IESG.
Robert Sparks will act as the IAB Liaison to the NomCom for 2015-2016.
After discussion, the IAB made the following changes to the leadership of IAB Programs:
- Emergency Services (dormant): Mary Barnes will continue as lead.
- IANA Evolution Program: Russ Housley will replace Andrew Sullivan as lead.
- Internationalization Program: Joe Hildebrand will replace Andrew Sullivan as lead. Ted Hardie will join the Program.
- IP Stack Evolution Program: Brian Trammell will continue as lead.
- ITU-T Coordination Program: This Program will merge into the Liaison Oversight Program.
- Liaison Oversight Program: Ralph Droms will replace Eliot Lear as
lead. Robert Sparks will join the Program.
- Name Resolution Program: Suzanne Woolf will replace Andrew Sullivan as lead.
- Privacy and Security Program: Ted Hardie will continue as lead.
- RFC Editor Program: Robert Sparks will replace Joel Halpern as lead.
Eliot Lear noted that IAB members also have the opportunity to serve as at-large members of the Internet Research Steering Group (IRSG), and encouraged anyone who is interested to contact Lars Eggert.
Eliot Lear noted the ongoing coordination efforts of the LAC-IETF group, and observed that those activities will only gain in importance as the IETF approaches IETF 95 in Buenos Aires.
4. IETF 92 Plenary Prep
With Hannes Tschofenig, the IAB held a dry run of the technical plenary presentations for IETF 92.