Internet Architecture Board


IAB Minutes 2015-07-01

Home»Documents»Minutes»Minutes 2015»IAB Minutes 2015-07-01

Minutes of the 2015-07-01 IAB Teleconference (Business Meeting)

1. Roll-call, agenda-bash, administrivia, minutes

1.1. Attendance

  • Jari Arkko (IETF Chair)
  • Alia Atlas (IESG Liaison)
  • Mary Barnes
  • Marc Blanchet
  • Ralph Droms
  • Lars Eggert (IRTF Chair)
  • Ted Hardie
  • Joe Hildebrand
  • Russ Housley
  • Cindy Morgan (IAB Executive Administrative Manager)
  • Erik Nordmark
  • Robert Sparks
  • Andrew Sullivan (IAB Chair)
  • Dave Thaler
  • Brian Trammell
  • Suzanne Woolf
  • Amy Vezza (IETF Secretariat)
  • Sarah Banks (RSOC Chair)
  • Heather Flanagan (RFC Editor Liaison)
  • Mat Ford (ISOC Liaison)

1.2. Administrivia

An item on draft-iab-doi was added to the agenda.

Cindy Morgan noted that the community review of draft-iab-strint-report ends today; this will likely be on the next IAB agenda for approval.

1.3. Meeting Minutes

The minutes of the 10 June 2015 and the 24 June 2015 business meetings were approved.

2. Technical Plenary at IETF 93

Cindy Morgan reported that they are trying to schedule a call between the speakers, but have had some difficulty due to holiday schedules. Russ Housley noted that the plenary is still in good shape; this meeting is intended to work out some of the overlap between the two presentations.

The IAB discussed the rest of the plenary agenda. Andrew Sullivan will invite Kathleen Moriarty to give a brief report on the CARIS workshop.

Cindy Morgan will post the agenda to the IETF 93 Proceedings.

3. IAB Agenda at IETF 93

The IAB briefly reviewed their agenda for IETF 93. Robert Sparks agreed to look at the notes from the recent retreat for potential topics for the joint breakfast with the IESG on Monday. Andrew Sullivan asked if the IESG could give a brief update about how the recent IESG reorganization efforts have gone; Jari Arkko will bring that question to the IESG.

4. BOF and Proposed Research Group Coverage for IETF 93

Dave Thaler agreed to cover the Proposed Thing-to-Thing Research Group. Suzanne Woolf agreed to cover the Proposed “How Ossified is the Protocol Stack?” Research Group.

5. ICANN 53 Update

Russ Housley reported that the ICANN Cross Community Working Group (CWG) to Develop an IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal on Naming Related Functions achieved consensus on their proposal, which includes a pointer to the ICANN Cross Community Working Group (CCWG) on Enhancing ICANN Accountability. The CCWG draft has yet to be completed, but it is hoped that it will have consensus by ICANN 54 in October. Once that happens, NTIA will review the proposal, and then it will go out for Congressional review (30 legislative days).

Jari Arkko noted that the lawyers are currently discussing the IANA trademarks issue.

6. draft-iab-doi

The IAB agreed to send draft-iab-doi out to the IETF for community review. Andrew Sullivan will send the community review message on behalf of the IAB.

7. ICANN Board Liaison

Andrew Sullivan will tally the e-vote on the ICANN Board Liaison and announce the results.

8. Executive Session: Appeal regarding IANAPLAN Draft

Jari Arkko, Marc Blanchet, Russ Housley, Andrew Sullivan, and Suzanne Woolf recused themselves from the discussion and left the teleconference. The remaining IAB discussed the appeal from JFC Morfin concerning the IESG response to his appeal concerning the IESG approval of the “draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response” in an executive session.