IAB Business Meeting: 2019-11-21, Singapore
- Jari Arkko
- Alissa Cooper (IETF Chair)
- Stephen Farrell
- Wes Hardaker
- Ted Hardie (IAB Chair)
- Christian Huitema
- Olaf Kolkman
- Mirja Kühlewind (IESG Liaison)
- Zhenbin Li
- Cindy Morgan (IAB Executive Administrative Manager)
- Erik Nordmark
- Mark Nottingham
- Karen O’Donoghue (ISOC Liaison)
- Colin Perkins (IRTF Chair)
- Melinda Shore
- Jeff Tantsura
- Martin Thomson
- Brian Trammell
- Dino Farinacci
- Richard Li
- Scott Mansfield
- Sally Wentworth
1. Update on ITU-T Coordination: Network 2030 and the Future of IP
Richard Li and Dino Farinacci joined the IAB to talk about the ITU-T Focus Group on Network 2030. The goals of the focus group are:
- To study, review and survey existing technologies, platforms, and standards for identifying the gaps and challenges towards networks for the year 2030 and beyond,
- To formulate all aspects of Network 2030, including its vision, requirements, novel and forward-looking use cases, and so on and so forth, and
- To establish liaisons and relationships with other SDOs.
Richard Li suggested that there might be work for a new IRTF Research Group in this space.
The IAB will work with Scott Mansfield (IETF liaison to the ITU-T) to coordinate work between the IETF and the ITU-T effort for Network 2030.
2. Draft Description for an IAB Program on Resilience
Stephen Farrell asked the IAB to review the draft description for a potential IAB Program on Internet resilience. The Program description will be on the IAB’s agenda for the 2019-12-05 teleconference.
3. Follow up from ABCD / DOH Discussion
The IAB briefly discussed the Application Behavior Considering DNS (ABCD) BOF.
Wes Hardaker noted that he has been approached a couple of times this week by people asking if the IAB has a position on encrypted DNS. Jari Arkko agreed that the IAB probably has something to say about this.