MFA Forum Liaison Report
The MFA Forum met 29th Jan – 4th Feb in San Jose, California
Currently Active Technical Committee work items
Applications and Deployment Working Group
- MPLS UNI with RSVP-TE signalling: Currently a baseline text.
- MPLS Proxy Admission Control: Baseline text, currently being updated to use RSVP-TE based UNI
- Control Plane Interworking:
- ATM and Frame Relay to MPLS Control Plane Interworking : Client/Server
- The use of Virtual Trunks for ATM/MPLS Control Plane Interworking
These are both at final ballot. The MFA is looking for 2 code points for FEC 129 AII types for client/server interworking. The IETF PWE3 WG should expect a liaison on this.
- L2 Mediation (no contribution to this meeting)
- MPLS ICI: Currently a baseline text.
Interworking and Frame relay Working group
- Performance Monitoring across multi-service networks. Currently a baseline text.
- ATM-FR Service interworking over MPLS: Sent for straw ballot
- Ethernet Interworking over MPLS: In final ballot
- Fault Management for Multiservice Interworking: In final ballot.
ATM Architecture Working group
- Virtual Trunks across ATM Core Networks: sent for straw ballot.
ATM Control Signalling Working group
- High Probability of Call Completion: Sent for straw ballot.
Documents sent for Straw Ballot at this meeting
- Multiservice Interworking: Frame Relay and ATM Service Interworking Over MPLS
- Virtual Trunks Across ATM Core Networks
- High Probability of Completion – HPOC Version 1.0
Documents sent for Final Ballot at this meeting
April 3-6, 2006, Berlin, Germany
For further details, please see http://www.mfaforum.org