Home»Liaisons»IETF Liaison Manager Reports»ITU SG15 (Optical Networking) Liaison Reports»December 2005
ITU SG15 (Optical Networking) Liaison Report
A useful face-to-face meeting was held in Naperville, IL in November immediately after the 64th IETF. The occasion was a joint interim meeting of Questions 12 and 14 of Study Group 15.
Relations are gradually being rebuilt in this area and we are seeing some cooperative activity. Notably:
- RFC 4139 and RFC 4258 have been published after thorough review by SG15.
- draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-eval-02.txt was produced by a CCAMP design team built from participants in the IETF and the ITU-T. It was reviewed by SG15 and has gone through CCAMP WG last call.
- draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-lexicography-05.txt has been produced within CCAMP on the request/suggestion of SG15. The content provides assistance for the interpretation of GMPLS within the context of ASON. The draft has been heavily reviewed by SG15 (Questions 12 and 14) who supplied significant text for inclusion. The draft is currently in CCAMP WG last call.
- CCAMP has sent several additional informational liaisons to SG15 about the publication of recent GMPLS RFCs.
- SG15 has sent several additional liaison statements to CCAMP providing information about prior consideration of topics now being examined by CCAMP.Additionally:
- The PCE working group has exchanged liaisons with SG15 with respect to the positioning of PCE within the ASON architecture. These have been well received – PCE seems to fit well within ASON, and a few minor changes have been made to ITU-T Recommendations to ensure that it is properly accommodated.
- The L1VPN working group has sent an informational liaison to SG13 to inform them of our progress (SG13 hatched the original work on layer 1 VPNs).
There are no open issues of any importance.