2021-07-14 Agenda

From IAB Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

IAB Agenda: 2021-07-14 1400 UTC

Agenda as of 2021-07-13. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.


1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)

1.1. Attendance

1.2. Agenda bash and announcements 

1.3. Meeting Minutes

  • 2021-06-23 technical discussion - (draft submitted 2021-06-23)
  • 2021-06-30 business meeting - (draft submitted 2021-06-30

1.4. Action Item Review - 5 mins (Public)

  Done:

    • 2021-06-30: Cindy Morgan to close the mailing lists for concluded 
      IAB Programs and Initiatives.

    • 2021-06-30: Cindy Morgan to send messages to the mailing lists for 
      the CARIS, DEDR, MARNEW, and SEMI workshops announcing that the 
      lists will be closed (and then close the lists).

    • 2021-06-30: Cindy Morgan to close the single-use mailing lists 
      that were used for various personnel discussions.

  In Progress:

    • 2021-04-07: Wes Hardaker (with Cullen Jennings, Colin Perkins, and 
      Russ White) to come up with a list of subjective tags that define 
      common characteristics of good RFCs.

    • 2021-04-27: Deborah Brungard to work with Alvaro Retana (Jiankang 
      Yao, Zhenbin Li) on a proposal about the IAB coordinating outreach 
      efforts. 

    • 2021-04-29: Karen O'Donoghue to arrange a discussion between the 
      IAB and the ISOC team working on moderation issues.

    • 2021-05-26: Russ White and Jared Mauch to review the IAB 
      discussion on "The Internet of Three Protocols" and draft a 
      problem statement to see if there is work that the IAB can do in 
      this space.

    • 2021-06-30: Colin Perkins to work with Cindy Morgan to schedule 
      reviews of ICNRG and PANRG.

    • 2021-06-30: Mirja Kühlewind to follow up with the chirp@iab.org 
      list about whether it can be closed.

    • 2021-06-30: Martin Vigoureux to send mail to the IAB and IESG 
      about the l3boundaries@iab.org list.

    • 2021-06-30: Cindy Morgan/IAB to follow up with the EName Workshop 
      program committee to see if there are notes about the workshop 
      that can be published. 

    • 2021-06-30: Karen O'Donoghue and Colin Perkins to see if they can 
      find someone to speak to the IAB about data privacy and the role 
      of data (AI efforts).

  On Hold:

    • 2021-04-29: Tommy Pauly to come up with a list of things for the 
      IAB to review during the WG chartering process. 
      - Check back in August 2021

    • 2021-05-18: Mirja Kühlewind and Colin Perkins to continue working 
      with Niels ten Oever to refine the proposal for a workshop on IETF 
      participation trends.
      - Check back in August 2021

    • 2021-05-26: Jari Arkko and Wes Hardaker to send mail to the arch-
      discuss list at the appropriate time on the work ongoing in the 
      ICANN root server system (once the work stabilizes).

1.5. IAB Document Status Update - 5 mins (Public)

  Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/stream/iab/

  Goal: Any updates on these documents?

  • draft-iab-arpa-authoritative-servers-01 
    IAB State: Community Review ended 2021-06-03

  • draft-iab-covid19-workshop-03
    IAB State: Sent to the RFC Editor
    RFC Editor State: AUTH48

  • draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-05

  • draft-iab-use-it-or-lose-it-00 (expired)




1.6. WG Chartering in Progress - 5 mins (Public)

  Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/chartering/

    • Media Type Maintenance (mediaman) 
      External Review 
      IESG Telechat: 2021-07-15 


2. draft-iab-arpa-authoritative-servers (Jari) - 5 mins (Public)

  Goal: Does the IAB approve publishing this as an RFC?


3. Monthly Reports (Liaisons) - 5 mins (Public)


4. BOF Coverage for IETF 111 (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)

  Wiki: https://www.iab.org/wiki/index.php/Bof111


5. IAB Statement on Inclusive Language

  Goal: Approve statement

  Open action item:

    • 2021-05-18: Ben Campbell (with Tommy Pauly and Wes Hardaker) to 
      draft an IAB Statement on inclusive language.


6. Update Liaison Coordination (Tommy, Wes) - 10 mins (Public)

  Goal: Update on current activities


7. Tech Topics from the IAB Retreat Redux / Technical Discussion Topics 
   after IETF 111 (Jari) - 15 mins (Public)

  Open action item:

    • 2021-06-30: Jari Arkko to frame possible IAB discussion topics on 
      the role of interoperable apps in the Internet and the role of 
      discovery in choice/distributed architectures.


8. Executive Session: RZERC Appointment 

  Goal: Record/finish vote