Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 22:02, 18 June 2020 by Cindy (Created page with "== IAB Agenda: 2020-06-17, 1330 UTC == ''Agenda as of 2020-06-15. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.'' <pre> 1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 min...")
IAB Agenda: 2020-06-17, 1330 UTC
Agenda as of 2020-06-15. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.
1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins 1.1. Attendance 1.2. Agenda bash & announcements 1.3. Meeting Minutes • 2020-06-10 business meeting - (draft submitted 2020-06-10 1.4. Action Item Review - 5 mins In Progress: • 2020-06-01: Stephen Farrell (with Colin Perkins and Mirja Kühlewind) to revise the proposal about refactoring IAB Programs based on the retreat discussion. • 2020-06-03: Stephen Farrell and Colin Perkins to schedule a tech chat on contact tracing apps and permissionless innovation. • 2020-06-05: Tommy Pauly to find a speaker and schedule a tech chat on safe browsing. • 2020-06-10: Stephen Farrell, Jari Arkko, Ben Campbell, and Wes Hardaker to write a proposal for what a workshop on COVID-19's impact on the Internet might look like (i.e. virtual vs in-person, timing). • 2020-06-10: Cullen Jennings to find out whether people would be willing to provide content for a possible plenary topic on the heroic efforts to keep Internet services up during COVID-19; if so, he will take the proposal to the Plenary Planning Program. • 2020-06-10: Tommy Pauly to write a proposal for a potential IAB program on deployability. • 2020-06-10: Wes Hardaker to write a proposal for a potential IAB program on centralization. • 2020-06-10: Cullen Jennings to write a proposal for a potential IAB program on prioritization. • 2020-06-10: Cullen Jennings to write something up (e.g. a blog post) on the factors that made Let's Encrypt possible, and what factors would need to align for similar efforts on identity management to be successful. 2. Monthly Reports (Liaisons) - 5 mins (Public) 2.1. ISOC Liaison Report 2.2. IRTF Chair Report 2.3. ICANN Liaison Report 2.4. IANA Liaison Report 2.5. RFC Editor Liaison Report 3. Request for eap.arpa (Wes) - 10 mins (Public) Goal: Discussion Context: [IAB] Request for a new DNS delegation/sub-zone under .arpa 4. IAB Open Meeting (Mirja) - 15 mins (Public) Open action item: • 2020-06-03: Mirja Kühlewind to write up a proposal for an IAB Open Meeting. Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15qoUzP052pIreunKzdfR8ZQIBldJrinZxSip0S6b68k/edit 5. Relationship with ETSI (Zhenbin Li) Open action item: • 2020-05-27: Zhenbin Li to follow up with Deborah Brungard/Routing ADs about whether there is need for a formal liaison relationship with ETSI. 6. ICANN Root Zone Evolution Review Committee (RZERC) Appointment (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public) Goal: Status update Note: Call for nominations closes 2020-06-30. 7. RFC Editor Future Development Program Chair Appointment - 5 mins (Public) Goal: Record results of e-vote Open action item: • 2020-06-10: Cindy Morgan to send an e-vote on the RFC Editor Future Development Program Chair appointment. 8. Executive Session: Community Coordination Group Appointment Goal: Vote on CCG appointment. Note: Community feedback period ended 2020-06-02. 9. Next IAB Meeting Goal: Does the IAB need to meet on 2020-06-24?