2020-08-12 Agenda

From IAB Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.

IAB Agenda: 2020-08-12, 1330 UTC

Agenda as of 2020-08-10. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.

1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)

1.1. Attendance

1.2. Agenda bash & announcements

1.3. Meeting Minutes 

  • 2020-07-15 business meeting - (draft submitted 2020-07-15) 

1.4. Action Item Review - 5 mins (Public)


    • 2020-06-10: Cullen Jennings to write a proposal for a potential 
      IAB program on prioritization. (OBE)

    • 2020-07-01: Wes Hardaker and Jared Mauch to interview the RZERC 
      candidates (Cindy Morgan to schedule interviews).

    • 2020-07-15: Tommy Pauly to work with Cindy Morgan to set up a 
      mailing list for the proposed EDM Program. 
      (See https://www.iab.org/mailman/listinfo/edm)

    • 2020-07-15: Jari Arkko to update the call for papers for the 
      proposed COVID-19 Network Impacts Workshop.
      (See https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/gNoxKPXKKoX6oIULcW9AaotMgZQ/)

  In Progress:

    • 2020-06-01: Stephen Farrell (with Colin Perkins and Mirja 
      Kühlewind) to revise the proposal about refactoring IAB Programs 
      based on the retreat discussion.

    • 2020-06-03: Stephen Farrell and Colin Perkins to schedule a tech 
      chat on contact tracing apps and permissionless innovation. (Note: 
      Check back in on this at the 2020-08-26 meeting.) 

    • 2020-06-05: Tommy Pauly to find a speaker and schedule a tech chat 
      on safe browsing.

    • 2020-06-10: Cullen Jennings and Jared Mauch to find out whether 
      people would be willing to provide content for a possible plenary 
      topic on the heroic efforts to keep Internet services up during 
      COVID-19; if so, they will take the proposal to the Plenary 
      Planning Program.

    • 2020-06-17: IAB to discuss on the mailing list whether the lessons 
      learned from Let's Encrypt can be applied to other arenas (e.g. 
      identity management).

    • 2020-07-15: Jari Arkko to follow up with Mat Ford and Andrei 
      Robachevsky regarding the EU Multi Stakeholder Platform on ICT 

2. Monthly Reports (Liaisons) - 5 mins (Public)

2.1. ISOC Liaison Report 

2.2. IRTF Chair Report

2.3. ICANN Liaison Report 

2.4. IANA Liaison Report

2.5. RFC Editor Liaison Report 

3. Proposed Evolvability, Deployability, & Maintainability Program (Tommy) - 5 minutes (Public)

  Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EZIIPM-hKYGHsBJriVYInwGd7RpO68Bbm6sPteQUrp8/edit?usp=sharing

  Goal: Next steps

4. IAB Program on Centralization (Wes) - 10 mins

  Open action item:

    • 2020-07-15: Wes Hardaker to update the text for the proposed 
      Centralization Analysis Program (CAP).

  Context: [IAB] centralization charter attempt #98

  Goal: Next steps

5. Potential IAB Retreat, 28-30 September (All)

  Goal: Does the IAB want to have a virtual retreat?

6. IAB Goals for RZERC (Wes) - 5 mins (Public)

  Goal: What are the IAB's goals for RZERC?

7. Executive Session: RZERC Appointment - 10 mins

  Goal: Discussion, possible vote

8. Executive Session: Appeal from Timothy McSweeney - 10 mins

9. Next IAB Meeting <5 mins (Public)

  Goal: Does the IAB need to meet on 2020-08-19?