2020-10-07 Agenda

From IAB Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.

IAB Agenda: 2020-10-07, 1330 UTC

Agenda as of 2020-10-05. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.

1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)

1.1. Attendance

* Regrets from Mark, Jeff

1.2. Agenda bash & announcements

* BOF coordination call is Friday, 2020-10-09 at 1400 UTC.

1.3. Meeting Minutes 

 • 2020-09-23 business meeting - (draft submitted 2020-09-23)
   OK from: Wes

1.4. Action item review (5 mins)

  Done: 

   • 2020-09-09: Wes Hardaker and Jari Arkko to propose a response to 
     the public comment on the GNSO New gTLD Subsequent Procedures 
     Draft Final Report. (See https://www.iab.org/documents/
     correspondence-reports-documents/2020-2/iab-comments-on-new-gtld-
     subsequent-procedures/)

   • 2020-09-23: Cindy Morgan to to send a reminder of the call for 
     papers for the COVID-19 Network Impacts Workshop.	

  In Progress:

   • 2020-06-05: Tommy Pauly to find a speaker and schedule a tech chat 
     on safe browsing. (Note: Check back in on this at the 2020-9-23 
     meeting.)

   • 2020-08-12: Jari Arkko (with Wes Hardaker) to start a re-write of 
     draft-arkko-arch-infrastructure-centralisation and post it on 
     Github.

   • 2020-08-27: Cullen Jennings to write a blog post promoting the 
     paper "Let's Encrypt: An Automated Certificate Authority to 
     Encrypt the Entire Web" 
     (https://jhalderm.com/pub/papers/letsencrypt-ccs19.pdf).

   • 2020-09-23: Wes Hardaker to reach out to Harald Alvestrand about 
     SAC113.	


2. IAB Programs (Mirja, Stephen, Colin) - 15 mins 

 Goal: Next step in refactoring IAB Programs 

 Open action item: 

   • 2020-06-01: Stephen Farrell (with Colin Perkins and Mirja 
     Kühlewind) to revise the proposal about refactoring IAB Programs 
     based on the retreat discussion.


3. COVID-19 Network Impacts Workshop (Jari) - 5 mins (Public)

  Goal: Update on current planning progress

  Open action item:

   • 2020-09-09: All IAB to forward the COVID-19 Network Impacts 
     Workshop Call for Papers to interested parties.


4. Private Use TLD Name Space Considerations (Wes) - 10 mins (Public)

  Goal: Officially document the fact that the WG chairs and the AD are 
  free to directly ask the appropriate liaisons for help.


5. Possible Executive Session: Temporary RFC Series Project Manager 
   Contract (Wes) - 10 mins

  Goal: Preliminary thought about process if RFC Editor Future 
  Development Program has not concluded before the current contract ends


6. Executive Session: ICANN TLG Appointment (All) - 5 mins

  Goal: Decide on appointment process to use for 2021


7. Executive Session: IRTF Chair Appointment (All) - 5 mins

  Goal: Decide on appointment process to use for 2021


8. Next IAB Meeting <5 mins (Public)

  Goal: Does the IAB need to meet on 2020-10-14?