2022-09-21 Agenda

From IAB Wiki
Revision as of 15:20, 21 September 2022 by Cindy (talk | contribs) (Created page with "== IAB Agenda: 2022-09-21 0700 PDT (UTC-7) == ''Agenda as of 2022-09-20. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.'' <pre> 1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public) 1.1. Attendance (Public) 1.2. Agenda bash and announcements 1.3. Meeting Minutes (Cindy) <5 mins (Public) • 2022-09-07 business meeting - (draft submitted 2022-09-07) 1.4. Action item review - 5 mins (Public) Done: • 2022-08-24: Cindy Morgan to close the M...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

IAB Agenda: 2022-09-21 0700 PDT (UTC-7)

Agenda as of 2022-09-20. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.

1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)

1.1. Attendance (Public)

1.2. Agenda bash and announcements 

1.3. Meeting Minutes (Cindy) <5 mins (Public)
 
    • 2022-09-07 business meeting - (draft submitted 2022-09-07) 


1.4. Action item review - 5 mins (Public)

  Done: 

    • 2022-08-24: Cindy Morgan to close the Model-T mailing list 
      (retaining the archives) once the Program closure has been 
      announced.

  In Progress:

    • 2021-11-17: Mirja Kühlewind and Cindy Morgan to put together some 
      options for the IAB Website revamp for the IAB to review.

    • 2021-09-08: Liaison Coordinators to come up with a list of 
      potential candidates to reach out to for future IAB-appointed 
      positions.

    • 2022-04-13: Liaison Coordinators/Liaison Managers to document how 
      the liaison role works for their respective SDOs.

    • 2022-06-15: Mirja Kühlewind to check with Robert Sparks/Tools Team 
      on how to document the proposed changes to the liaison tool and 
      approval process.

    • 2022-05-20: Cullen Jennings to look into a possible IAB Technical 
      Discussion on Internet user identity in Internet communications 
      applications.

    • 2022-07-24: Mallory Knodel and Mirja Kühlewind to draft a document  
      outlining the architectural principles that the IAB thinks are 
      important and need to be understood when considering Internet 
      governance.

    • 2022-08-10: Warren Kumari and Wes Hardaker to confer on the next 
      steps for discussions about an alternate DNS system (e.g. Design 
      team, IAB Program, etc.)

    • 2022-08-10: Russ White to draft a proposal for a workshop on BGP 
      and routing security.

    • 2022-08-24: Wes Hardaker to talk to Warren Kumari and Suzanne 
      Woolf about a technical discussion to give the IAB an overview on 
      the current state of alternate naming spaces (what the activities 
      are and how they relate to each other; who the current players 
      are). (Was: 2022-07-06: Warren Kumari to try and schedule a tech 
      talk with Suzanne Woolf on an alternate DNS system.)

    • 2022-08-24: Lars Eggert to send out a pointer to the video of the 
      Loon presentation at SIGCOMM (once it is available).

    • 2022-09-07: Mallory Knodel to work with Mark Nottingham on an 
      update to draft-nottingham-avoiding-internet-centralization and 
      bring it back to the IAB to discuss adoption.


1.5. IAB Document Status Update (Cindy) <5 mins (Public)

  Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/stream/iab/

    • draft-iab-aid-workshop-01
      IAB State: Sent to RFC Editor - AUTH48

    • draft-iab-mnqeu-report-04
      IAB State: Sent to RFC Editor

    • draft-iab-path-signals-collaboration-01
      IAB State: Community Review (ended 2022-08-25)

    • draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-08
      IAB State: Active IAB Document 

    • draft-iab-rfc7991bis-04 
      I-D Exists
      * Being discussed in RSWG


1.6. WG Chartering in Progress (Cindy) <5 mins (Public)

  Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/chartering/	

    • Supply Chain Integrity, Transparency, and Trust (scitt)	
      Internal Review (Initial Chartering) 
      IESG Telechat: 2022-09-22
      IAB Reviewer: Deborah Brungard

    • Stub Network Auto Configuration for IPv6 (snac)
      External Review (Initial Chartering)
      IESG Telechat: 2022-09-22 
      IAB Reviewer: Wes Hardaker
				
				
2. Monthly Reports (Liaisons) <5 mins (Public)


3. BOF Shepherds (All) 10 mins (Public)

  Goal: Assign shepherds for IETF 115 BOF requests

  Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bof-requests

    • JSON Web Proofs (JWP)
      bofreq-danyliw-json-web-proofs-jwp-00

    • Computing-Aware Networking (CAN)
      bofreq-liu-computing-aware-networking-03
      * Zhenbin Li shepherded for IETF 113

    • More Instant Messaging Interoperability (MIMI)
      bofreq-cooper-more-instant-messaging-interoperability-02
      bofreq-mahy-mimi-more-im-interop-00

    • Application-Aware Networking (APN)
      bofreq-alston-application-aware-networking-02

    • IPv6 Moving Object Networking (IPMON)
      bofreq-jeong-ipv6-moving-object-networking-ipmon-03

    • Time Variant Routing (TVR)
      bofreq-taylor-time-variant-routing-00

    • Radius Extensions (RADEXT)
      bofreq-dekok-bofreq-dekok-radius-extensions-and-security-00-02

    • Secure Asset Transfer Protocol (SATP)
      bofreq-hardjono-secure-asset-transfer-protocol-satp-01
      * Wes Hardaker shepherded for IETF 114
 

4. Trade Regulation Rule on Commercial Surveillance and Data Security 
   (Jari, Mallory) - 10 mins (Public)

  Context: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2022/08/22/2022-17752/trade-regulation-rule-on-commercial-surveillance-and-data-security

  Deadline: 2022-10-21

  Open action item:

    • 2022-08-24: Mallory Knodel and Jari Arkko to draft a potential IAB 
      response to the proposed Trade Regulation Rule on Commercial 
      Surveillance and Data Security.

  Outline: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tVjyA0KPuYDBxubKsIdz00vGupJZ_AngB5HgBOqivcs/edit#heading=h.xp8pr8cuws4e


5. IAB Open Meeting at IETF 115 (Mirja) - 5 mins (Public)

  Goal: Find co-chair, agenda topics


6. Closure of RSOC Mailing Lists (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)

  Goal: Now that the RSCE has been named, is it time to close and 
  archive the RSOC and RSOC-PVT mailing lists?


7. M-TEN Workshop Update (Mirja) - 5 mins (Public)

  Goal: Update


8. Executive Session: ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 Liaison Manager (Liaison 
   Coordinators)