Difference between revisions of "Agenda"

From IAB Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 9: Line 9:
== IAB Agenda: 2022-06-01 0700 Pacific ==
== IAB Agenda: 2022-06-01 0700 Pacific ==


''Agenda as of 2022-05-20. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.''   
''Agenda as of 2022-05-26. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.''   


<pre>
<pre>
Line 18: Line 18:
1.2. Agenda bash and announcements  
1.2. Agenda bash and announcements  


1.3. Meeting Minutes


1.4. Action item review - 5 mins (Public)
2. Network Management Research Group Review (NMRG Chairs) - 30 mins (Public)


1.5. IAB Document Status Update < 5 mins (Public)
  Goal: RG Review
 
 
3. Meeting Minutes (Cindy) <5 mins (Public)
 
    • 2022-05-04 business meeting - (posted 2022-05-04)
    • 2022-05-11 business meeting - (posted 2022-05-11)
 
 
4. Action item review - 5 mins (Public)
 
  Done:
 
    • 2022-05-04: Cindy Morgan to schedule RSWG Chair interviews.
 
    • 2021-05-11: Cindy Morgan to follow up with the ICANN RSS GWG
      candidates and send an announcement.
 
 
  On Hold:
 
    • 2021-04-07: Wes Hardaker (with Cullen Jennings, Colin Perkins, and
      Russ White) to come up with a list of subjective tags that define
      common characteristics of good RFCs.
 
    • 2021-11-17: Mirja Kühlewind and Cindy Morgan to put together some
      options for the IAB Website revamp for the IAB to review.
      - Sometime after IETF 113
 
    • 2021-09-01: Jari Arkko to continue editing the document on the
      role of discovery in ensuring that Internet technology is broadly
      applicable.
      - Check back after 2022 IAB Retreat
 
  In Progress:
 
    • 2021-05-26: Russ White and Jared Mauch to review the IAB
      discussion on "The Internet of Three Protocols" and draft a
      problem statement to see if there is work that the IAB can do in
      this space.
 
    • 2021-09-08: Liaison Coordinators to come up with a list of
      potential candidates to reach out to for future IAB-appointed
      positions.
 
    • 2022-04-13: Liaison Coordinators to find out where liaison
      managers are having trouble accessing documents.
 
    • 2022-04-13: Liaison Coordinators/Liaison Managers to document how
      the liaison role works for their respective SDOs.
 
    • 2022-04-20: Mirja Kühlewind and the Liaison Coordinators to
      continue discussions on how to refine the liaison tool and
      approval process.
 
    • 2022-04-20: Karen O'Donoghue to draft a description for an IAB-
      ISOC Administrative Support Group.
 
    • 2022-05-04: Wes Hardaker, Deborah Brungard, and Qin Wu to
      interview RSWG Chair candidates.
 
    • 2022-05-04: Mirja Kühlewind to update the ISTS workshop proposal.
 
    • 2021-05-11: Wes Hardaker to reach out to the SAT BOF proponents
      and ADs re BOF shepherding.
 
    • 2021-05-11: Mirja Kühlewind to post draft-iab-aid-workshop-01 to
      the I-D repository.
 
    • 2021-05-11: Cindy Morgan to send out a community review message
      for draft-iab-aid-workshop-01, once it is posted to the I-D
      repository.
 
    • 2021-05-11: All IAB to provide a slide for the retreat on "What
      the IAB should be doing."
 
    • 2021-05-11: Cindy Morgan (with Mirja Kühlewind) to send an email
      to the RFC Production Center about archiving IAB-stream AUTH48
      emails.
 
    • 2022-05-19: Jari Arkko, Wes Hardaker, Cullen Jennings, Mallory
      Knodel, and Russ White to review draft-iab-protocol-maintenance.
 
    • 2022-05-20: Cullen Jennings to look into a possible tech chat on
      secure identity management.
 
 
 
5. IAB Document Status Update < 5 mins (Public)


   Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/stream/iab/
   Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/stream/iab/


1.6. WG Chartering in Progress <5 mins (Public)
    • draft-iab-aid-workshop-00
      IAB State: Active IAB Document
 
    • draft-iab-mnqeu-report-01
      IAB State: Active IAB Document
 
    • draft-iab-path-signals-collaboration-00
      IAB State: Active IAB Document
 
    • draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-05
      IAB State: Active IAB Document (EXPIRED)
 
    • draft-iab-rfc7991bis-04
      I-D Exists
 
    • draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-13
      RFC Editor Queue: Edit
 
 
6. WG Chartering in Progress <5 mins (Public)


   Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/chartering/
   Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/chartering/


1.7. Proposed BOFs <5 mins (Public)
    • Source Address Validation in Intra-domain and Inter-domain
      Networks (SAVNET)
      Internal Review (on agenda of 2022-06-02 IESG telechat)
 
Open action item:
 
    • 2022-05-25: Jiankang Yao to review the proposed SAVNET charter.
 
 
7. Proposed BOFs 5 mins (Public)


   Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bof-requests
   Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bof-requests


    • bofreq-hardie-media-over-quic-00
      Media Over QUIC
    • bofreq-birkholz-supply-chain-integrity-transparency-and-trust-
      scitt-08
      Supply Chain Integrity, Transparency, and Trust (SCITT)
    • bofreq-nandakumar-media-over-quic-00
      Media over QUIC
    • bofreq-miller-json-web-proofs-00
      JSON Web Proofs
    • bofreq-hardjono-secure-asset-transfer-protocol-04
      Secure Asset Transfer Protocol
    • bofreq-lemon-stub-network-auto-configuration-for-ipv6-03
      Stub Network Auto Configuration for IPv6
      * Reviewed by Russ White
    • bofreq-liu-multicast-source-routing-over-ipv6msr6-13
      Multicast Source Routing over IPv6 (MSR6)
  Open action item:
    • 2022-05-04: Russ White to reach out to the MSR6 BOF proponents and
      ADs re BOF shepherding.
8. IAB IETF-IEEE administrative support group (Mirja) - 5 mins (Public)
  Goal: Approve formation of IAB IETF-IEEE administrative support group
9. Community Coordination Group Appointment (Possible Executive Session)
  Goal: Decide on the plan for 2022
</pre>
</pre>


Line 60: Line 212:
* Updates from IANA-IETF group (IETF-114)
* Updates from IANA-IETF group (IETF-114)
* Approval of AID workshop report (after community review) (Mirja/Colin)
* Approval of AID workshop report (after community review) (Mirja/Colin)
* IAB-ISOC Administrative Support Group (Karen)
* 802.11 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
* ISOC/IEC JTC1 SC6 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)


== Past Teleconferences ==
== Past Teleconferences ==

Revision as of 16:49, 26 May 2022

Details

IAB Agenda: 2022-06-01 0700 Pacific

Agenda as of 2022-05-26. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.

1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)

1.1. Attendance

1.2. Agenda bash and announcements 


2. Network Management Research Group Review (NMRG Chairs) - 30 mins (Public)

  Goal: RG Review


3. Meeting Minutes (Cindy) <5 mins (Public)

    • 2022-05-04 business meeting - (posted 2022-05-04) 
    • 2022-05-11 business meeting - (posted 2022-05-11) 


4. Action item review - 5 mins (Public)

  Done: 

    • 2022-05-04: Cindy Morgan to schedule RSWG Chair interviews.

    • 2021-05-11: Cindy Morgan to follow up with the ICANN RSS GWG 
      candidates and send an announcement.


  On Hold:

    • 2021-04-07: Wes Hardaker (with Cullen Jennings, Colin Perkins, and 
      Russ White) to come up with a list of subjective tags that define 
      common characteristics of good RFCs.

    • 2021-11-17: Mirja Kühlewind and Cindy Morgan to put together some 
      options for the IAB Website revamp for the IAB to review.
      - Sometime after IETF 113

    • 2021-09-01: Jari Arkko to continue editing the document on the 
      role of discovery in ensuring that Internet technology is broadly 
      applicable.
      - Check back after 2022 IAB Retreat

  In Progress:

    • 2021-05-26: Russ White and Jared Mauch to review the IAB 
      discussion on "The Internet of Three Protocols" and draft a 
      problem statement to see if there is work that the IAB can do in 
      this space.

    • 2021-09-08: Liaison Coordinators to come up with a list of 
      potential candidates to reach out to for future IAB-appointed 
      positions.

    • 2022-04-13: Liaison Coordinators to find out where liaison 
      managers are having trouble accessing documents. 

    • 2022-04-13: Liaison Coordinators/Liaison Managers to document how 
      the liaison role works for their respective SDOs.

    • 2022-04-20: Mirja Kühlewind and the Liaison Coordinators to 
      continue discussions on how to refine the liaison tool and 
      approval process.

    • 2022-04-20: Karen O'Donoghue to draft a description for an IAB-
      ISOC Administrative Support Group.

    • 2022-05-04: Wes Hardaker, Deborah Brungard, and Qin Wu to 
      interview RSWG Chair candidates.

    • 2022-05-04: Mirja Kühlewind to update the ISTS workshop proposal.

    • 2021-05-11: Wes Hardaker to reach out to the SAT BOF proponents 
      and ADs re BOF shepherding.

    • 2021-05-11: Mirja Kühlewind to post draft-iab-aid-workshop-01 to 
      the I-D repository.

    • 2021-05-11: Cindy Morgan to send out a community review message 
      for draft-iab-aid-workshop-01, once it is posted to the I-D 
      repository.

    • 2021-05-11: All IAB to provide a slide for the retreat on "What 
      the IAB should be doing."

    • 2021-05-11: Cindy Morgan (with Mirja Kühlewind) to send an email 
      to the RFC Production Center about archiving IAB-stream AUTH48 
      emails.

    • 2022-05-19: Jari Arkko, Wes Hardaker, Cullen Jennings, Mallory 
      Knodel, and Russ White to review draft-iab-protocol-maintenance.

    • 2022-05-20: Cullen Jennings to look into a possible tech chat on 
      secure identity management.



5. IAB Document Status Update < 5 mins (Public)

  Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/stream/iab/

    • draft-iab-aid-workshop-00
      IAB State: Active IAB Document

    • draft-iab-mnqeu-report-01
      IAB State: Active IAB Document

    • draft-iab-path-signals-collaboration-00
      IAB State: Active IAB Document

    • draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-05
      IAB State: Active IAB Document (EXPIRED)

    • draft-iab-rfc7991bis-04 
      I-D Exists

    • draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-13
      RFC Editor Queue: Edit


6. WG Chartering in Progress <5 mins (Public)

  Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/chartering/	

    • Source Address Validation in Intra-domain and Inter-domain 
      Networks (SAVNET)
      Internal Review (on agenda of 2022-06-02 IESG telechat)

Open action item:

    • 2022-05-25: Jiankang Yao to review the proposed SAVNET charter.


7. Proposed BOFs 5 mins (Public)

  Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bof-requests

    • bofreq-hardie-media-over-quic-00
      Media Over QUIC

    • bofreq-birkholz-supply-chain-integrity-transparency-and-trust-
      scitt-08 
      Supply Chain Integrity, Transparency, and Trust (SCITT) 		

    • bofreq-nandakumar-media-over-quic-00
      Media over QUIC 	

    • bofreq-miller-json-web-proofs-00
      JSON Web Proofs 		

    • bofreq-hardjono-secure-asset-transfer-protocol-04 	
      Secure Asset Transfer Protocol 		

    • bofreq-lemon-stub-network-auto-configuration-for-ipv6-03
      Stub Network Auto Configuration for IPv6
      * Reviewed by Russ White

    • bofreq-liu-multicast-source-routing-over-ipv6msr6-13
      Multicast Source Routing over IPv6 (MSR6)

  Open action item:

    • 2022-05-04: Russ White to reach out to the MSR6 BOF proponents and 
      ADs re BOF shepherding.


8. IAB IETF-IEEE administrative support group (Mirja) - 5 mins (Public)

  Goal: Approve formation of IAB IETF-IEEE administrative support group


9. Community Coordination Group Appointment (Possible Executive Session)

  Goal: Decide on the plan for 2022

Upcoming Teleconferences

  • 2022-06-01: IAB Business Meeting
    • NMRG Review
    • IETF/IEEE 802 Coordination Administrative Support Group
  • 2022-06-08: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
  • 2022-06-15: IAB Business Meeting
    • Sync up with new ISE
  • 2022-06-22: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
  • 2022-06-29: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-07-06: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
  • 2022-07-13: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-07-23 - 2022-07-29: IETF 114

Future Unscheduled Topics

  • Change Requests to liaison tool (Mirja)
  • Liaison tool bis document (Tommy)
  • Technical discussion: The Role of Interoperable Applications (followup from 2021-07-14 discussion)
  • Model-T followup (Jan/Feb, Jari)
  • IAB Website revamp (Cindy/Mirja)
  • Data Privacy (discussion led by Tommy; following up from 2021-12-08 technical discussion)
  • Updates from IANA-IETF group (IETF-114)
  • Approval of AID workshop report (after community review) (Mirja/Colin)
  • IAB-ISOC Administrative Support Group (Karen)
  • 802.11 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
  • ISOC/IEC JTC1 SC6 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)

Past Teleconferences