Difference between revisions of "Agenda"

From IAB Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(317 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 5: Line 5:
* Meeting password: 1@Bmeet
* Meeting password: 1@Bmeet
* Subscribe to the IAB calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/ietf.org_k88jdeojmvn249q37ain3ojepc%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
* Subscribe to the IAB calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/ietf.org_k88jdeojmvn249q37ain3ojepc%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
* Between 2020-03-16 and 2020-10-15, meetings will be at 1330 UTC
* As of November 2021, meetings are at 0700 Pacific time (UTC-7)
* Between 2020-10-16 and 2021-03-15, meetings will be at 2130 UTC


== IAB Agenda: 2021-01-06, 2130 UTC ==
== IAB Agenda: 2022-08-24 0700 PDT (UTC-7) ==


''Agenda as of 2021-01-05. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.''   
''Agenda as of 2022-08-10. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.''   


<pre>
<pre>
1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)
1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)


1.1. Attendance
1.1. Attendance (Public)


1.2. Agenda bash & announcements


1.3. Meeting Minutes
1.2. Agenda bash and announcements (Public)


• 2020-12-16 business meeting - (draft submitted 2020-12-16)


1.4. Action item review (5 mins)
1.3. Meeting Minutes (Cindy) <5 mins (Public)


  Done:
1.4. Action item review - 10 mins (Public)


    • 2020-12-16: Cindy Morgan to send draft-iab-dedr-report to the RFC
</pre>
      Editor for publication as an RFC.


  In Progress:
== Upcoming Teleconferences ==
 
    • 2020-08-27: Cullen Jennings to write a blog post promoting the
      paper "Let's Encrypt: An Automated Certificate Authority to
      Encrypt the Entire Web"
      (https://jhalderm.com/pub/papers/letsencrypt-ccs19.pdf). (Note:
      Check back in on this at the end of October.)
 
    • 2020-10-14: IAB to review the Temporary RFC Series Project Manager
      contract / RFC Editor future development process. January 2021.
 
 
2. Virtual and Asynchronous Work (Mirja, all) - 30 mins (Public)
 
  Goals:
 
    • How to hold virtual meetings/workshops effectively?
    • How to encourage effective asynchronous work? Tools? Slack?
      - What's needed for people to be able to allocate more time for
        IAB?
      - Mark: “If we had a better sense of the IAB's role, it would be
        easier to justify how much time we spend on it.” -> Do we need a
        master explanation of what the Internet architecture is, both
        for audiences inside and outside the IETF?
 
 
3. Retreat Leftovers (Mirja, all) - 10 mins (Public)


  Goal: Are there other potential topics leftover from the June retreat
* 2022-08-24: IAB Business Meeting
  that the IAB wants to pick back up now?
** draft-iab-mnqeu-report
** Model-T Program
** ICANN Board Liaison Appointment
** RZERC Appointment
* 2022-08-31: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
* 2022-09-07: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-09-14: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
* 2022-09-21: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-09-28: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
* 2022-10-05: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-10-12: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
* 2022-10-19: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-10-26: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)


  Context: See email from Mirja on 2020-12-07, "Left-overs from last
* 2022-11-05 - 2022-11-11: IETF 115
  retreat"


* 2022-11-23: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-11-30: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
* 2022-12-07: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-12-14: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)


4. IESG Slate Confirmation <5 mins (Public)


  Goal: Finalize and record results of e-vote
== Future Unscheduled Topics ==


  Open action item:
* Change Requests to liaison tool (Mirja)
 
* Liaison tool bis document (Tommy)
    • 2020-12-16: Cindy Morgan to start an e-vote to confirm the IESG
* IAB Website revamp (Cindy/Mirja)
      slate (on 2020-12-21).
* 802.11 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
 
* ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
 
* draft-iab-protocol-maintenance for community review (on hold for next update)
5. ISOC Board of Trustees Appointment (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)
* Assigning IAB shepherds to drafts (Mirja) + IAB document state machine update (Cindy)
 
  Goal: Get volunteers for an interview team
 
 
6. Next IAB Meeting <5 mins (Public)
 
  Goal: Does the IAB need to meet on 2021-01-13?
 
 
7. Any Other Business
 
</pre>
 
== Upcoming Teleconferences ==


* 2021-01-06:
* Potential technical discussions:
* 2021-01-13: (reserved)
** Technical discussion: The Role of Interoperable Applications (followup from 2021-07-14 discussion)
* 2021-01-20:
** Data Privacy (discussion led by Tommy; following up from 2021-12-08 technical discussion)
* 2021-01-27: (reserved)
** Potential discussion on alternate DNS system and relation to ICANN (based on discussion with Eliot on GNS draft) -> review statements
* 2021-02-03:
** Different or Same, IP for Internet and Limited Domain (Robin)
* 2021-02-10: Tech Chat on Safe Browsing with Alex Wozniak
** Identity management for web conferencing and other media apps (Cullen)
* 2021-02-17:
* 2021-02-24: (reserved)
* 2021-03-03:


== Past Teleconferences ==
== Past Teleconferences ==


* [[2020-12-16_Agenda]]
* [[2022-08-10_Agenda]]
* [[2020-12-02_Agenda]]
* [[2022-07-06_Agenda]]
* [[2020-11-04_Agenda]]
* [[2022-06-29_Agenda]]
* [[2020-10-21_Agenda]]
* [[2022-06-22_Agenda]]
* [[2020-10-14_Agenda]]
* [[2022-06-15_Agenda]]
* [[2020-10-07_Agenda]]
* [[2022-06-01_Agenda]]
* [[2020-09-23_Agenda]]
* [[2022-05-11_Agenda]]
* [[2020-09-09_Agenda]]
* [[2022-05-04_Agenda]]
* [[2020-08-26_Agenda]]
* [[2022-04-27_Agenda]]
* [[2020-08-12_Agenda]]
* [[2022-04-20_Agenda]]
* [[2020-07-01_Agenda]]
* [[2022-04-13_Agenda]]
* [[2020-06-17_Agenda]]
* [[2022-04-06_Agenda]]
* [[2020-06-10_Agenda]]
* [[2022-03-09_Agenda]]
* [[2020-05-27_Agenda]]
* [[2022-03-02_Agenda]]
* [[2020-05-20_Agenda]]
* [[2022-02-23_Agenda]]
* [[2020-05-13_Agenda]]
* [[2022-02-16_Agenda]]
* [[2020-04-29_Agenda]]
* [[2022-02-02_Agenda]]
* [[2020-04-15_Agenda]]
* [[2022-01-19_Agenda]]
* [[2020-04-08_Agenda]]
* [[2022-01-12_Agenda]]
* [[2020-04-01_Agenda]]
* [[2021_Teleconferences]]
* [[2020-03-18_Agenda]]
* [[2020_Teleconferences]]
* [[2020-03-11_Agenda]]
* [[2020-03-04_Agenda]]
* [[2020-02-19_Agenda]]
* [[2020-02-12_Agenda]]
* [[2020-02-05_Agenda]]
* [[2020-01-22_Agenda]]
* [[2020-01-15_Agenda]]
* [[2020-01-08_Agenda]]
* [[2019_Teleconferences]]  
* [[2019_Teleconferences]]  
* [[2018_Teleconferences]]
* [[2018_Teleconferences]]

Revision as of 19:37, 16 August 2022

Details

IAB Agenda: 2022-08-24 0700 PDT (UTC-7)

Agenda as of 2022-08-10. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.

1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)

1.1. Attendance (Public)


1.2. Agenda bash and announcements (Public)


1.3. Meeting Minutes (Cindy) <5 mins (Public)
 

1.4. Action item review - 10 mins (Public)

Upcoming Teleconferences

  • 2022-08-24: IAB Business Meeting
    • draft-iab-mnqeu-report
    • Model-T Program
    • ICANN Board Liaison Appointment
    • RZERC Appointment
  • 2022-08-31: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
  • 2022-09-07: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-09-14: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
  • 2022-09-21: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-09-28: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
  • 2022-10-05: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-10-12: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
  • 2022-10-19: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-10-26: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
  • 2022-11-05 - 2022-11-11: IETF 115
  • 2022-11-23: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-11-30: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
  • 2022-12-07: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-12-14: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)


Future Unscheduled Topics

  • Change Requests to liaison tool (Mirja)
  • Liaison tool bis document (Tommy)
  • IAB Website revamp (Cindy/Mirja)
  • 802.11 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
  • ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
  • draft-iab-protocol-maintenance for community review (on hold for next update)
  • Assigning IAB shepherds to drafts (Mirja) + IAB document state machine update (Cindy)
  • Potential technical discussions:
    • Technical discussion: The Role of Interoperable Applications (followup from 2021-07-14 discussion)
    • Data Privacy (discussion led by Tommy; following up from 2021-12-08 technical discussion)
    • Potential discussion on alternate DNS system and relation to ICANN (based on discussion with Eliot on GNS draft) -> review statements
    • Different or Same, IP for Internet and Limited Domain (Robin)
    • Identity management for web conferencing and other media apps (Cullen)

Past Teleconferences