Difference between revisions of "Agenda"

From IAB Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(38 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 5: Line 5:
* Meeting password: 1@Bmeet
* Meeting password: 1@Bmeet
* Subscribe to the IAB calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/ietf.org_k88jdeojmvn249q37ain3ojepc%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
* Subscribe to the IAB calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/ietf.org_k88jdeojmvn249q37ain3ojepc%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
* As of November 2021, meetings are at 0700 Pacific time
* As of November 2021, meetings are at 0700 Pacific time (UTC-7)


== IAB Agenda: 2022-06-01 0700 Pacific ==
== IAB Agenda: 2022-08-24 0700 PDT (UTC-7) ==


''Agenda as of 2022-05-31. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.''   
''Agenda as of 2022-08-10. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.''   


<pre>
<pre>
1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)
1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)


1.1. Attendance
1.1. Attendance (Public)


1.2. Agenda bash and announcements


1.2. Agenda bash and announcements (Public)


2. Network Management Research Group Review (NMRG Chairs) - 30 mins (Public)


  Goal: RG Review
1.3. Meeting Minutes (Cindy) <5 mins (Public)


1.4. Action item review - 10 mins (Public)


3. Meeting Minutes (Cindy) <5 mins (Public)
</pre>


    • 2022-05-04 business meeting - (posted 2022-05-04)
== Upcoming Teleconferences ==
    • 2022-05-11 business meeting - (posted 2022-05-11)
 
 
4. Action item review - 5 mins (Public)
 
  Done:
 
    • 2022-05-04: Cindy Morgan to schedule RSWG Chair interviews.
 
    • 2021-05-11: Cindy Morgan to follow up with the ICANN RSS GWG
      candidates and send an announcement.
 
    • 2021-05-11: Mirja Kühlewind to post draft-iab-aid-workshop-01 to
      the I-D repository.
 
    • 2021-05-11: Cindy Morgan to send out a community review message
      for draft-iab-aid-workshop-01, once it is posted to the I-D
      repository.
 
    • 2021-05-11: All IAB to provide a slide for the retreat on "What
      the IAB should be doing."


    • 2021-05-11: Cindy Morgan (with Mirja Kühlewind) to send an email
* 2022-08-24: IAB Business Meeting
      to the RFC Production Center about archiving IAB-stream AUTH48
** draft-iab-mnqeu-report
      emails.
** Model-T Program
** ICANN Board Liaison Appointment
** RZERC Appointment
* 2022-08-31: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
* 2022-09-07: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-09-14: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
* 2022-09-21: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-09-28: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
* 2022-10-05: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-10-12: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
* 2022-10-19: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-10-26: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)


* 2022-11-05 - 2022-11-11: IETF 115


  On Hold:
* 2022-11-23: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-11-30: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
* 2022-12-07: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-12-14: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)


    • 2021-04-07: Wes Hardaker (with Cullen Jennings, Colin Perkins, and
      Russ White) to come up with a list of subjective tags that define
      common characteristics of good RFCs.
    • 2021-11-17: Mirja Kühlewind and Cindy Morgan to put together some
      options for the IAB Website revamp for the IAB to review.
      - Sometime after IETF 113
    • 2021-09-01: Jari Arkko to continue editing the document on the
      role of discovery in ensuring that Internet technology is broadly
      applicable.
      - Check back after 2022 IAB Retreat
  In Progress:
    • 2021-05-26: Russ White and Jared Mauch to review the IAB
      discussion on "The Internet of Three Protocols" and draft a
      problem statement to see if there is work that the IAB can do in
      this space.
    • 2021-09-08: Liaison Coordinators to come up with a list of
      potential candidates to reach out to for future IAB-appointed
      positions.
    • 2022-04-13: Liaison Coordinators to find out where liaison
      managers are having trouble accessing documents.
    • 2022-04-13: Liaison Coordinators/Liaison Managers to document how
      the liaison role works for their respective SDOs.
    • 2022-04-20: Mirja Kühlewind and the Liaison Coordinators to
      continue discussions on how to refine the liaison tool and
      approval process.
    • 2022-04-20: Karen O'Donoghue to draft a description for an IAB-
      ISOC Administrative Support Group.
    • 2022-05-04: Wes Hardaker, Deborah Brungard, and Qin Wu to
      interview RSWG Chair candidates.
    • 2022-05-04: Mirja Kühlewind to update the ISTS workshop proposal.
    • 2021-05-11: Wes Hardaker to reach out to the SAT BOF proponents
      and ADs re BOF shepherding.
    • 2022-05-19: Jari Arkko, Wes Hardaker, Cullen Jennings, Mallory
      Knodel, and Russ White to review draft-iab-protocol-maintenance.
    • 2022-05-20: Cullen Jennings to look into a possible tech chat on
      secure identity management.
5. IAB Document Status Update < 5 mins (Public)
  Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/stream/iab/
    • draft-iab-aid-workshop-00
      IAB State: Active IAB Document
    • draft-iab-mnqeu-report-01
      IAB State: Active IAB Document
    • draft-iab-path-signals-collaboration-00
      IAB State: Active IAB Document
    • draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-05
      IAB State: Active IAB Document (EXPIRED)
    • draft-iab-rfc7991bis-04
      I-D Exists
    • draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-13
      RFC Editor Queue: Edit
6. WG Chartering in Progress <5 mins (Public)
  Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/chartering/
    • Source Address Validation in Intra-domain and Inter-domain
      Networks (SAVNET)
      Internal Review (on agenda of 2022-06-02 IESG telechat)
  Open action item:
    • 2022-05-25: Jiankang Yao to review the proposed SAVNET charter.
7. Proposed BOFs 5 mins (Public)
  Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bof-requests
    • bofreq-hardie-media-over-quic-00
      Media Over QUIC
    • bofreq-birkholz-supply-chain-integrity-transparency-and-trust-
      scitt-08
      Supply Chain Integrity, Transparency, and Trust (SCITT)
    • bofreq-nandakumar-media-over-quic-00
      Media over QUIC
    • bofreq-miller-json-web-proofs-00
      JSON Web Proofs
    • bofreq-hardjono-secure-asset-transfer-protocol-04
      Secure Asset Transfer Protocol
    • bofreq-lemon-stub-network-auto-configuration-for-ipv6-03
      Stub Network Auto Configuration for IPv6
      * Reviewed by Russ White
    • bofreq-liu-multicast-source-routing-over-ipv6msr6-13
      Multicast Source Routing over IPv6 (MSR6)
  Open action item:
    • 2022-05-04: Russ White to reach out to the MSR6 BOF proponents and
      ADs re BOF shepherding.
8. IAB IETF-IEEE administrative support group (Mirja) - 5 mins (Public)
  Goal: Approve formation of IAB IETF-IEEE administrative support group
9. IAB Open Meeting at IETF 114 (Mirja) - 5 mins (Public)
  Goal: Find co-chair, agree on session length
10. Community Coordination Group Appointment (Possible Executive
    Session)
  Goal: Decide on the plan for 2022
11. Next IAB Meeting
  Goal: Does the IAB need to meet on 2022-06-08?
</pre>
== Upcoming Teleconferences ==
* 2022-06-01: IAB Business Meeting
** NMRG Review
** IETF/IEEE 802 Coordination Administrative Support Group
* 2022-06-08: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
* 2022-06-15: IAB Business Meeting
** Sync up with new ISE
* 2022-06-22: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
* 2022-06-29: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-07-06: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
* 2022-07-13: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-07-23 - 2022-07-29: IETF 114


== Future Unscheduled Topics ==
== Future Unscheduled Topics ==
Line 217: Line 56:
* Change Requests to liaison tool (Mirja)
* Change Requests to liaison tool (Mirja)
* Liaison tool bis document (Tommy)
* Liaison tool bis document (Tommy)
* Technical discussion: The Role of Interoperable Applications (followup from 2021-07-14 discussion)
* Model-T followup (Jan/Feb, Jari)
* IAB Website revamp (Cindy/Mirja)
* IAB Website revamp (Cindy/Mirja)
* Data Privacy (discussion led by Tommy; following up from 2021-12-08 technical discussion)
* Updates from IANA-IETF group (IETF-114)
* Approval of AID workshop report (after community review) (Mirja/Colin)
* IAB-ISOC Administrative Support Group (Karen)
* 802.11 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
* 802.11 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
* ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
* ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
* draft-iab-protocol-maintenance for community review (on hold for next update)
* Assigning IAB shepherds to drafts (Mirja) + IAB document state machine update (Cindy)
* Potential technical discussions:
** Technical discussion: The Role of Interoperable Applications (followup from 2021-07-14 discussion)
** Data Privacy (discussion led by Tommy; following up from 2021-12-08 technical discussion)
** Potential discussion on alternate DNS system and relation to ICANN (based on discussion with Eliot on GNS draft) -> review statements
** Different or Same, IP for Internet and Limited Domain (Robin)
** Identity management for web conferencing and other media apps (Cullen)


== Past Teleconferences ==
== Past Teleconferences ==


* [[2022-08-10_Agenda]]
* [[2022-07-06_Agenda]]
* [[2022-06-29_Agenda]]
* [[2022-06-22_Agenda]]
* [[2022-06-15_Agenda]]
* [[2022-06-01_Agenda]]
* [[2022-05-11_Agenda]]
* [[2022-05-11_Agenda]]
* [[2022-05-04_Agenda]]
* [[2022-05-04_Agenda]]

Revision as of 19:37, 16 August 2022

Details

IAB Agenda: 2022-08-24 0700 PDT (UTC-7)

Agenda as of 2022-08-10. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.

1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)

1.1. Attendance (Public)


1.2. Agenda bash and announcements (Public)


1.3. Meeting Minutes (Cindy) <5 mins (Public)
 

1.4. Action item review - 10 mins (Public)

Upcoming Teleconferences

  • 2022-08-24: IAB Business Meeting
    • draft-iab-mnqeu-report
    • Model-T Program
    • ICANN Board Liaison Appointment
    • RZERC Appointment
  • 2022-08-31: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
  • 2022-09-07: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-09-14: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
  • 2022-09-21: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-09-28: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
  • 2022-10-05: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-10-12: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
  • 2022-10-19: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-10-26: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
  • 2022-11-05 - 2022-11-11: IETF 115
  • 2022-11-23: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-11-30: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
  • 2022-12-07: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-12-14: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)


Future Unscheduled Topics

  • Change Requests to liaison tool (Mirja)
  • Liaison tool bis document (Tommy)
  • IAB Website revamp (Cindy/Mirja)
  • 802.11 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
  • ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
  • draft-iab-protocol-maintenance for community review (on hold for next update)
  • Assigning IAB shepherds to drafts (Mirja) + IAB document state machine update (Cindy)
  • Potential technical discussions:
    • Technical discussion: The Role of Interoperable Applications (followup from 2021-07-14 discussion)
    • Data Privacy (discussion led by Tommy; following up from 2021-12-08 technical discussion)
    • Potential discussion on alternate DNS system and relation to ICANN (based on discussion with Eliot on GNS draft) -> review statements
    • Different or Same, IP for Internet and Limited Domain (Robin)
    • Identity management for web conferencing and other media apps (Cullen)

Past Teleconferences