Difference between revisions of "Agenda"

From IAB Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(465 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 5: Line 5:
* Meeting password: 1@Bmeet
* Meeting password: 1@Bmeet
* Subscribe to the IAB calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/ietf.org_k88jdeojmvn249q37ain3ojepc%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
* Subscribe to the IAB calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/ietf.org_k88jdeojmvn249q37ain3ojepc%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
* As of November 2021, meetings are at 0700 Pacific time (UTC-7)


== IAB Agenda: 2019-08-07, 1330 UTC ==
== IAB Agenda: 2022-08-24 0700 PDT (UTC-7) ==
 
''Agenda as of 2022-08-10. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.'' 


'''Agenda as of 2019-07-22. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.''' 
<pre>
<pre>
1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 10 mins (Public)
1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)


1.1. Attendance
1.1. Attendance (Public)


- Regrets from Ted


1.2. Agenda bash & announcements
1.2. Agenda bash and announcements (Public)


1.3. Meeting Minutes


- 2019-07-10 business meeting - (draft submitted 2019-07-10)
1.3. Meeting Minutes (Cindy) <5 mins (Public)
- 2019-07-21 business meeting - (draft submitted 2019-07-22)
- 2019-07-25 business meeting - (draft submitted 2019-08-01)


1.4. Action Item Review
1.4. Action item review - 10 mins (Public)


Goal: Update status of outstanding actions.
</pre>
 
2019-07-25: Martin to send message to architecture-discuss re closure
of PrivSec Program.
 
2019-07-25: Brian to send message to architecture-discuss re closure
of Stackevo Program.
 
2019-07-25: Martin to upload use-it-or-lose-it with draft-iab-
filename.
 
2019-07-25: Jari to write up updated meeting cadence proposal.
2019-07-21: Alissa to notify Ted & Stephen when final LLC COI policy
is published; Ted/Stephen to adjust the text for the IAB and send it
out for an e-vote.
 
2019-07-21: Martin to accept all comments in the current draft of the
IAB job description and send it out to the IAB for review.
 
2019-05-29: Jari to send updated text for the Internet Governance page
on the IAB website to Cindy for posting.
 
2019-05-17: Stephen, Jari, Brian, Ted to identify IAB actions related
to changing the Internet threat model.
 
2019-05-17: Christian to figure out how to measure the effectiveness
and impact of the work of the IETF.
 
2019-05-17: Ted to write blog post inviting the community to come to
the IAB with new work proposal.
 
2019-02-06: Melinda to take pen on protocol designer version of "Trust
in Internet Entities" Statement.
 
2. Avoiding Unintended Harms of Encryption Policies (Mark) - 5 mins
 
Goal: Does the IAB approve the text of this statement?
 
Open action items:
 
2019-07-21: All to review "Avoiding Unintended Harms of Encryption
Policies" statement text.
 
2019-02-06: Mark to take pen on legislator version of "Trust in
Internet Entities" Statement.
 
 
3. draft-nottingham-for-the-users (Mark) - 5 mins (Public)
  The Internet is for End Users
 
Goal: Should the IAB adopt this on the IAB stream?
 
 
4. draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis - 5 mins (Public)
Defining the Role and Function of IETF Protocol Parameter Registry
Operators


Goal: Is this ready for community review?
== Upcoming Teleconferences ==


* 2022-08-24: IAB Business Meeting
** draft-iab-mnqeu-report
** Model-T Program
** ICANN Board Liaison Appointment
** RZERC Appointment
* 2022-08-31: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
* 2022-09-07: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-09-14: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
* 2022-09-21: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-09-28: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
* 2022-10-05: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-10-12: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
* 2022-10-19: IAB Business Meeting
* 2022-10-26: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)


5. draft-iab-rfc7500-bis - 5 mins (Public)
* 2022-11-05 - 2022-11-11: IETF 115


Goal: Should the IAB approve publication of this on the IAB stream?
* 2022-11-23: IAB Business Meeting
 
* 2022-11-30: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
 
* 2022-12-07: IAB Business Meeting
6. IETF liaison position to ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29 and sub-orgs (JPEG and MPEG) - 5 mins
* 2022-12-14: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
 
Goal: Vote to confirm re-application
 
7. IETF Delegate to ICANN NomCom (Executive Session) - 10 mins
 
Goal: Deliberations
 
 
</pre>


== Upcoming Meetings ==


== Future Unscheduled Topics ==


* 2019-08-07
* Change Requests to liaison tool (Mirja)
* Liaison tool bis document (Tommy)
* IAB Website revamp (Cindy/Mirja)
* 802.11 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
* ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
* draft-iab-protocol-maintenance for community review (on hold for next update)
* Assigning IAB shepherds to drafts (Mirja) + IAB document state machine update (Cindy)


* Potential technical discussions:
** Technical discussion: The Role of Interoperable Applications (followup from 2021-07-14 discussion)
** Data Privacy (discussion led by Tommy; following up from 2021-12-08 technical discussion)
** Potential discussion on alternate DNS system and relation to ICANN (based on discussion with Eliot on GNS draft) -> review statements
** Different or Same, IP for Internet and Limited Domain (Robin)
** Identity management for web conferencing and other media apps (Cullen)


== Past Meetings ==
== Past Teleconferences ==


* [[2019-07-10_Agenda]]
* [[2022-08-10_Agenda]]
* [[2019-06-26_Agenda]]
* [[2022-07-06_Agenda]]
* [[2019-06-12_Agenda]]
* [[2022-06-29_Agenda]]
* [[2019-05-29_Agenda]]
* [[2022-06-22_Agenda]]
* [[2019-05-08_Agenda]]
* [[2022-06-15_Agenda]]
* [[2019-05-01_Agenda]]
* [[2022-06-01_Agenda]]
* [[2019-04-17_Agenda]]
* [[2022-05-11_Agenda]]
* [[2019-04-10_Agenda]]
* [[2022-05-04_Agenda]]
* [[2019-03-13_Agenda]]
* [[2022-04-27_Agenda]]
* [[2019-03-06_Agenda]]
* [[2022-04-20_Agenda]]
* [[2019-02-27_Agenda]]
* [[2022-04-13_Agenda]]
* [[2019-02-13_Agenda]]
* [[2022-04-06_Agenda]]
* [[2019-02-06_Agenda]]
* [[2022-03-09_Agenda]]
* [[2019-01-23_Agenda]]
* [[2022-03-02_Agenda]]
* [[2019-01-16_Agenda]]
* [[2022-02-23_Agenda]]
* [[2019-01-09_Agenda]]
* [[2022-02-16_Agenda]]
* [[2018-12-19_Agenda]]
* [[2022-02-02_Agenda]]
* [[2018-12-05_Agenda]]
* [[2022-01-19_Agenda]]
* [[2018-11-28_Agenda]]
* [[2022-01-12_Agenda]]
* [[2018-11-21_Agenda]]
* [[2021_Teleconferences]]
* [[2018-10-24_Agenda]]
* [[2020_Teleconferences]]
* [[2018-10-10_Agenda]]
* [[2019_Teleconferences]]  
* [[2018-10-03_Agenda]]
* [[2018_Teleconferences]]
* [[2018-09-26_Agenda]]
* [[2018-09-12_Agenda]]
* [[2018-09-05_Agenda]]

Revision as of 19:37, 16 August 2022

Details

IAB Agenda: 2022-08-24 0700 PDT (UTC-7)

Agenda as of 2022-08-10. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.

1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)

1.1. Attendance (Public)


1.2. Agenda bash and announcements (Public)


1.3. Meeting Minutes (Cindy) <5 mins (Public)
 

1.4. Action item review - 10 mins (Public)

Upcoming Teleconferences

  • 2022-08-24: IAB Business Meeting
    • draft-iab-mnqeu-report
    • Model-T Program
    • ICANN Board Liaison Appointment
    • RZERC Appointment
  • 2022-08-31: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
  • 2022-09-07: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-09-14: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
  • 2022-09-21: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-09-28: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
  • 2022-10-05: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-10-12: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
  • 2022-10-19: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-10-26: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
  • 2022-11-05 - 2022-11-11: IETF 115
  • 2022-11-23: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-11-30: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
  • 2022-12-07: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-12-14: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)


Future Unscheduled Topics

  • Change Requests to liaison tool (Mirja)
  • Liaison tool bis document (Tommy)
  • IAB Website revamp (Cindy/Mirja)
  • 802.11 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
  • ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
  • draft-iab-protocol-maintenance for community review (on hold for next update)
  • Assigning IAB shepherds to drafts (Mirja) + IAB document state machine update (Cindy)
  • Potential technical discussions:
    • Technical discussion: The Role of Interoperable Applications (followup from 2021-07-14 discussion)
    • Data Privacy (discussion led by Tommy; following up from 2021-12-08 technical discussion)
    • Potential discussion on alternate DNS system and relation to ICANN (based on discussion with Eliot on GNS draft) -> review statements
    • Different or Same, IP for Internet and Limited Domain (Robin)
    • Identity management for web conferencing and other media apps (Cullen)

Past Teleconferences