Difference between revisions of "Agenda"

From IAB Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 8: Line 8:
== IAB Agenda: 2020-06-17, 1330 UTC ==
== IAB Agenda: 2020-06-17, 1330 UTC ==


''Agenda as of 2020-06-10. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.''   
''Agenda as of 2020-06-15. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.''   


<pre>
<pre>
Line 19: Line 19:
1.3. Meeting Minutes  
1.3. Meeting Minutes  


1.4. Action Item Review
  • 2020-06-10 business meeting - (draft submitted 2020-06-10


2. Monthly Reports
1.4. Action Item Review - 5 mins
 
  In Progress:
 
 
    • 2020-05-27: Zhenbin Li to follow up with Deborah Brungard/Routing
      ADs about whether there is need for a formal liaison relationship
      with ETSI.
 
    • 2020-06-01: Stephen Farrell (with Colin Perkins and Mirja
      Kühlewind) to revise the proposal about refactoring IAB Programs
      based on the retreat discussion.
 
    • 2020-06-03: Stephen Farrell and Colin Perkins to schedule a tech
      chat on contact tracing apps and permissionless innovation.
 
    • 2020-06-05: Tommy Pauly to find a speaker and schedule a tech chat
      on safe browsing.
 
    • 2020-06-10: Stephen Farrell, Jari Arkko, Ben Campbell, and Wes
      Hardaker to write a proposal for what a workshop on COVID-19's
      impact on the Internet might look like (i.e. virtual vs in-person,
      timing).
 
    • 2020-06-10: Cullen Jennings to find out whether people would be
      willing to provide content for a possible plenary topic on the
      heroic efforts to keep Internet services up during COVID-19; if
      so, he will take the proposal to the Plenary Planning Program.
 
    • 2020-06-10: Tommy Pauly to write a proposal for a potential IAB
      program on deployability.
 
    • 2020-06-10: Wes Hardaker to write a proposal for a potential IAB
      program on centralization.
 
    • 2020-06-10: Cullen Jennings to write a proposal for a potential
      IAB program on prioritization.
 
    • 2020-06-10: Cullen Jennings to write something up (e.g. a blog
      post) on the factors that made Let's Encrypt possible, and what
      factors would need to align for similar efforts on identity
      management to be successful.
 
 
2. Monthly Reports (Liaisons) - 5 mins (Public)
 
2.1. ISOC Liaison Report
 
2.2. IRTF Chair Report
 
2.3. ICANN Liaison Report
 
2.4. IANA Liaison Report
 
2.5. RFC Editor Liaison Report
 
 
3. Request for eap.arpa (Wes) - 10 mins (Public)
 
  Goal: Discussion
 
  Context: [IAB] Request for a new DNS delegation/sub-zone under .arpa
 
 
4. IAB Open Meeting (Mirja) - 15 mins (Public)
 
  Open action item:
 
    • 2020-06-03: Mirja Kühlewind to write up a proposal for an IAB Open
      Meeting.
 
  Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15qoUzP052pIreunKzdfR8ZQIBldJrinZxSip0S6b68k/edit
 
 
5. ICANN Root Zone Evolution Review Committee (RZERC) Appointment (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)
 
  Goal: Status update
  Note: Call for nominations closes 2020-06-30.
 
 
6. RFC Editor Future Development Program Chair Appointment - 5 mins (Public)
 
  Goal: Record results of e-vote
 
  Open action item:
 
    • 2020-06-10: Cindy Morgan to send an e-vote on the RFC Editor
      Future Development Program Chair appointment.
 
 
7. Executive Session: Community Coordination Group Appointment
 
  Goal: Vote on CCG appointment.
  Note: Community feedback period ended 2020-06-02.
 
 
8. Next IAB Meeting
 
  Goal: Does the IAB need to meet on 2020-06-24?





Revision as of 17:38, 15 June 2020

Details

IAB Agenda: 2020-06-17, 1330 UTC

Agenda as of 2020-06-15. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.

1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins 

1.1. Attendance

1.2. Agenda bash & announcements

1.3. Meeting Minutes 

  • 2020-06-10 business meeting - (draft submitted 2020-06-10

1.4. Action Item Review - 5 mins

  In Progress:


    • 2020-05-27: Zhenbin Li to follow up with Deborah Brungard/Routing 
      ADs about whether there is need for a formal liaison relationship 
      with ETSI.

    • 2020-06-01: Stephen Farrell (with Colin Perkins and Mirja 
      Kühlewind) to revise the proposal about refactoring IAB Programs 
      based on the retreat discussion.

    • 2020-06-03: Stephen Farrell and Colin Perkins to schedule a tech 
      chat on contact tracing apps and permissionless innovation.

    • 2020-06-05: Tommy Pauly to find a speaker and schedule a tech chat 
      on safe browsing.

    • 2020-06-10: Stephen Farrell, Jari Arkko, Ben Campbell, and Wes 
      Hardaker to write a proposal for what a workshop on COVID-19's 
      impact on the Internet might look like (i.e. virtual vs in-person, 
      timing).

    • 2020-06-10: Cullen Jennings to find out whether people would be 
      willing to provide content for a possible plenary topic on the 
      heroic efforts to keep Internet services up during COVID-19; if 
      so, he will take the proposal to the Plenary Planning Program.

    • 2020-06-10: Tommy Pauly to write a proposal for a potential IAB 
      program on deployability.

    • 2020-06-10: Wes Hardaker to write a proposal for a potential IAB 
      program on centralization.

    • 2020-06-10: Cullen Jennings to write a proposal for a potential 
      IAB program on prioritization.

    • 2020-06-10: Cullen Jennings to write something up (e.g. a blog 
      post) on the factors that made Let's Encrypt possible, and what 
      factors would need to align for similar efforts on identity 
      management to be successful.


2. Monthly Reports (Liaisons) - 5 mins (Public)

2.1. ISOC Liaison Report 

2.2. IRTF Chair Report

2.3. ICANN Liaison Report 

2.4. IANA Liaison Report

2.5. RFC Editor Liaison Report 


3. Request for eap.arpa (Wes) - 10 mins (Public)

  Goal: Discussion

  Context: [IAB] Request for a new DNS delegation/sub-zone under .arpa


4. IAB Open Meeting (Mirja) - 15 mins (Public)

  Open action item:

    • 2020-06-03: Mirja Kühlewind to write up a proposal for an IAB Open 
      Meeting.

  Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15qoUzP052pIreunKzdfR8ZQIBldJrinZxSip0S6b68k/edit


5. ICANN Root Zone Evolution Review Committee (RZERC) Appointment (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)

  Goal: Status update
  Note: Call for nominations closes 2020-06-30.


6. RFC Editor Future Development Program Chair Appointment - 5 mins (Public)

  Goal: Record results of e-vote

  Open action item:

    • 2020-06-10: Cindy Morgan to send an e-vote on the RFC Editor 
      Future Development Program Chair appointment.


7. Executive Session: Community Coordination Group Appointment

  Goal: Vote on CCG appointment.
  Note: Community feedback period ended 2020-06-02.


8. Next IAB Meeting

  Goal: Does the IAB need to meet on 2020-06-24?


Upcoming Teleconferences

  • 2020-06-17
  • 2020-06-24 (reserved)
  • 2020-07-01
  • 2020-07-08 (reserved)
  • 2020-07-15

Past Teleconferences