Difference between revisions of "Agenda"

From IAB Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 7: Line 7:
* As of November 2021, meetings are at 0700 Pacific time
* As of November 2021, meetings are at 0700 Pacific time


== IAB Agenda: 2022-06-29 0700 Pacific ==
== IAB Agenda: 2022-07-06 0700 Pacific ==


''Agenda as of 2022-06-27. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.''   
''Agenda as of 2022-06-29. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.''   


<pre>
<pre>
Line 22: Line 22:
1.3. Meeting Minutes (Cindy) <5 mins (Public)
1.3. Meeting Minutes (Cindy) <5 mins (Public)


    • 2022-06-15 business meeting - (posted 2022-06-15)
     • 2022-06-22 business meeting - (posted 2022-06-22)  
     • 2022-06-22 business meeting - (posted 2022-06-22)  




1.4. Action item review - 10 mins (Public)
1.4. Action item review - 10 mins (Public)
  Done:
    • 2022-06-22: Cindy Morgan to propose a note to add to draft-iab-
      rfcefdp-rfced-model about the document being approved by an open
      process in the RFC Editor Future Development Program.
    • 2022-06-22: Cindy Morgan to set up the IAB-ISOC ASG in the
      Datatracker.
    • 2022-06-22: Cindy Morgan to send out the call for volunteers for
      the ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 Liaison Manager position.
    • 2022-06-22: Cindy Morgan to send out a call for feedback on the
      RZERC appointment.
  In Progress:
    • 2021-05-26: Russ White and Jared Mauch to review the IAB
      discussion on "The Internet of Three Protocols" and draft a
      problem statement to see if there is work that the IAB can do in
      this space.
    • 2021-11-17: Mirja Kühlewind and Cindy Morgan to put together some
      options for the IAB Website revamp for the IAB to review.
    • 2021-09-08: Liaison Coordinators to come up with a list of
      potential candidates to reach out to for future IAB-appointed
      positions.
    • 2022-04-13: Liaison Coordinators/Liaison Managers to document how
      the liaison role works for their respective SDOs.
    • 2022-05-20: Cullen Jennings to look into a possible IAB Technical
      Discussion on Internet user identity in Internet communications
      applications. (Goal: 2022-07-13)
    • 2022-06-15: Jari Arkko to start a discussion about whether the IAB
      should pick up draft-nottingham-avoiding-internet-centralization
      on the IAB Stream.
    • 2022-06-15: Mirja Kühlewind to check with Robert Sparks/Tools Team
      on how to document the proposed changes to the liaison tool and
      approval process.
    • 2022-06-15: David Schinazi to work with Martin Thomson on a new
      revision to draft-iab-protocol-maintenance that incorporates the
      feedback received to date.
    • 2022-06-22: Russ White to review the MIMI BOF request.
    • 2022-06-22: Wes Hardaker to propose text for an IAB response to
      the proposal for SAC113 implementation.
    • 2022-06-22: Mirja Kühlewind et al find a time slot for the ISTS
      Workshop, possibly around RIPE.
    • 2022-06-22: Jari Arkko and Lars Eggert to finalize the Call for
      Papers text for the "Measuring the environmental impact of
      Internet Applications and Systems Workshop."
    • 2022-06-22: Jari Arkko to follow up with Rich Salz about the IAB
      Workshop on environmental impacts of the Internet.
    • 2022-06-22: Karen O'Donoghue to finalize the initial ISOC members
      of the IAB-ISOC ASG.
    • 2022-06-22: Cindy Morgan to update the IAB Agenda at IETF 114 to
      include Sunday and Tuesday business meetings, in addition to the
      joint meetings with the IESG.




Line 104: Line 32:
   Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/stream/iab/
   Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/stream/iab/


    • draft-iab-aid-workshop-01
      IAB State: Community Review ends 2022-06-28
    • draft-iab-mnqeu-report-03
      IAB State: Active IAB Document
    • draft-iab-path-signals-collaboration-00
      IAB State: Active IAB Document
    • draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-07
      IAB State: Active IAB Document
    • draft-iab-rfc7991bis-04
      I-D Exists
    • draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-13
      RFC Editor Queue: AUTH48




Line 127: Line 38:
   Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/chartering/
   Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/chartering/


    • Transfer dIGital cREdentialS Securely (TIGRESS)
      IESG State: Internal Steering Group/IAB Review
      IESG Telechat: 2022-06-30
      IAB Reviewer: Mallory Knodel




Line 152: Line 59:
       IAB Shepherd: Not requested (placeholder for WG to be chartered)
       IAB Shepherd: Not requested (placeholder for WG to be chartered)


2. Possible response to a US government RFI related to PPM (All) - 10 mins (Public)
  Goal: Discuss possible response to Request for Information on
  Advancing Privacy-Enhancing Technologies
  Deadline: Comment period ends 2022-07-09
3. draft-iab-aid-workshop (Mirja, Colin) - 5 mins (Public)
  Note: Community Review ends 2022-06-28
  Goal: Is this ready for approval?
4. draft-iab-mnqeu-report (Wes) - 5 mins (Public)
  Goal: Is this ready for community review?
5. Follow up on SAC113 Implementation (Wes) - 5 mins (Public)
  Goal: Approve IAB comments on SAC113 proposal
6. Possible Executive Session: ICANN Board Liaison Appointment
  Goal: Decide on process for 2022
7. Executive Session: RSWG Chair Appointment
  Goal: Deliberation, possible vote
8. Next IAB Meeting
  Goal: Does the IAB need to meet on 2022-07-06?




Line 197: Line 65:
== Upcoming Teleconferences ==
== Upcoming Teleconferences ==


* 2022-06-29: IAB Business Meeting  
* 2022-07-06: IAB Business Meeting  
* 2022-07-06: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
** IAB response to the US government "Request for Information on Advancing Privacy-Enhancing Technologies
** IAB Open agenda at IETF 114
** BOF coverage at IETF 114
** Executive Session: CCG appointment
* 2022-07-13: IAB Business Meeting  
* 2022-07-13: IAB Business Meeting  
** Monthly Reports
** Monthly Reports
Line 236: Line 107:
* Data Privacy (discussion led by Tommy; following up from 2021-12-08 technical discussion)
* Data Privacy (discussion led by Tommy; following up from 2021-12-08 technical discussion)
* Updates from IANA-IETF group (IETF-114)
* Updates from IANA-IETF group (IETF-114)
* Approval of AID workshop report (after community review) (Mirja/Colin)
* IAB-ISOC Administrative Support Group (Karen)
* 802.11 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
* 802.11 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
* ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
* ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
Line 248: Line 117:
* ISTS workshop (Mirja/Tommy)
* ISTS workshop (Mirja/Tommy)
* Sustainability workshop (Jari)
* Sustainability workshop (Jari)
* Follow up on SAC113 implementation (Wes)
* Assigning IAB shepherds to drafts (Mirja)
* Assigning IAB shepherds to drafts (Mirja)


== Past Teleconferences ==
== Past Teleconferences ==


* [[2022-06-29_Agenda]]
* [[2022-06-22_Agenda]]
* [[2022-06-22_Agenda]]
* [[2022-06-15_Agenda]]
* [[2022-06-15_Agenda]]

Revision as of 16:04, 29 June 2022

Details

IAB Agenda: 2022-07-06 0700 Pacific

Agenda as of 2022-06-29. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.

1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)

1.1. Attendance


1.2. Agenda bash and announcements 


1.3. Meeting Minutes (Cindy) <5 mins (Public)

    • 2022-06-22 business meeting - (posted 2022-06-22) 


1.4. Action item review - 10 mins (Public)


1.5. IAB Document Status Update

  Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/stream/iab/



1.6. WG Chartering in Progress

  Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/chartering/	



1.7. IETF 114 BOFs 

  Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/bofs/

    • JSON Web Proofs (JWP)
      IAB Shepherd: Not requested
    • Media Over QUIC (MOQ)
      IAB Shepherd: Not requested
    • Multicast Source Routing over IPv6 (MSR6)
      IAB Shepherds: Deborah Brungard, Russ White
    • Secure Asset Transfer Protocol (SATP)
      IAB Shepherd: Wes Hardaker
    • Supply Chain Integrity, Transparency, and Trust (SCITT)
      IAB Shepherds: Jari Arkko, David Schinazi 
    • Stub Network Auto Configuration for IPv6 (SNAC)
      IAB Shepherd: Jari Arkko, Russ White
    • Transfer dIGital cREdentialS Securely (TIGRESS)
      IAB Shepherd: Not requested (placeholder for WG to be chartered)



Upcoming Teleconferences

  • 2022-07-06: IAB Business Meeting
    • IAB response to the US government "Request for Information on Advancing Privacy-Enhancing Technologies
    • IAB Open agenda at IETF 114
    • BOF coverage at IETF 114
    • Executive Session: CCG appointment
  • 2022-07-13: IAB Business Meeting
    • Monthly Reports
  • 2022-07-23 - 2022-07-29: IETF 114
  • 2022-08-10: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-08-17: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
  • 2022-08-24: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-08-31: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
  • 2022-09-07: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-09-14: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
  • 2022-09-21: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-09-28: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
  • 2022-10-05: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-10-12: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
  • 2022-10-19: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-10-26: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)
  • 2022-11-05 - 2022-11-11: IETF 115
  • 2022-11-23: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-11-30: IAB Business Meeting (Reserved)
  • 2022-12-07: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-12-14: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)


  • 2022-11-31: IAB Technical Discussion (Reserved)

Future Unscheduled Topics

  • Change Requests to liaison tool (Mirja)
  • Liaison tool bis document (Tommy)
  • Technical discussion: The Role of Interoperable Applications (followup from 2021-07-14 discussion)
  • Model-T followup (Jan/Feb, Jari)
  • IAB Website revamp (Cindy/Mirja)
  • Data Privacy (discussion led by Tommy; following up from 2021-12-08 technical discussion)
  • Updates from IANA-IETF group (IETF-114)
  • 802.11 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
  • ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 Liaison Manager (Liaison Coordinators)
  • CCG appointment (2022-07-06 or 2022-07-13)
  • draft-iab-protocol-maintenance for community review
  • Possible IAB statement on routing security (out IAB response to FCC’s request for comments on Secure Internet Routing)
  • Potential discussion on alternate DNS system and relation to ICANN (based on discussion with Eliot on GNS draft) -> review statements
  • Technical discussion: Different or Same, IP for Internet and Limited Domain (Robin)
  • Technical discussion: Identity management for web conferencing and other media apps (Cullen)
  • ISTS workshop (Mirja/Tommy)
  • Sustainability workshop (Jari)
  • Assigning IAB shepherds to drafts (Mirja)

Past Teleconferences