From IAB Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


IAB Agenda: 2022-03-09 0700 Pacific

Agenda as of 2022-03-02. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.

1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)

1.1. Attendance

1.2. Agenda bash and announcements 

1.3. Meeting Minutes

    • 2022-02-23 business meeting and technical discussion - (posted 
    • 2022-03-02 business meeting - (posted 2022-03-02)

1.4. Action item review - 5 mins (Public)


    • 2022-03-02: Cindy Morgan to set up a Trello board to track RFC 
      Editor Model transition actions.

    • 2022-03-02: Cindy Morgan to update the timeline and text for the 
      ICANN GWG call for nominations and send it out to the IAB for 

  On Hold:

    • 2021-04-07: Wes Hardaker (with Cullen Jennings, Colin Perkins, and 
      Russ White) to come up with a list of subjective tags that define 
      common characteristics of good RFCs.

    • 2021-09-08: Liaison Coordinators to come up with a list of 
      potential candidates to reach out to for future IAB-appointed 
      - Check back after next check-in with Liaison Managers (~2022-03).

    • 2021-11-17: Mirja Kühlewind and Cindy Morgan to put together some 
      options for the IAB Website revamp for the IAB to review.
      - Sometime after IETF 113

  In Progress:

    • 2021-05-26: Russ White and Jared Mauch to review the IAB 
      discussion on "The Internet of Three Protocols" and draft a 
      problem statement to see if there is work that the IAB can do in 
      this space.

    • 2021-09-01: Jari Arkko to continue editing the document on the 
      role of discovery in ensuring that Internet technology is broadly 

    • 2022-01-12: Deborah Brungard to report back to the IAB on ISOC 
      planning for WTSA.

    • 2022-02-23: All IAB to send Cullen Jennings suggestions on how to 
      narrow the scope for a Metaverse workshop proposal.	

    • 2022-02-23: Cullen Jennings (with input from the IAB) to draft a 
      Metaverse workshop proposal.

    • 2022-03-02: Peter Saint-Andre to reach out to Jay Daley regarding 
      a possible extension to the Temporary RFC Series Project Manager 
      contract until the RSCE is seated. Based on that conversation, 
      RSOC will make a recommendation to the IAB.

    • 2022-03-02: Cindy Morgan to draft a timeline and call for 
      nominations for the RSWG Chair appointment(s).

    • 2022-03-02: Mirja Kühlewind to draft a reply to Jay Daley's email 
      regarding RSCE recruitment.	

1.5. IAB Document Status Update < 5 mins (Public)

    • draft-arkko-iab-path-signals-collaboration-01
      IAB State: Active IAB Document

    • draft-iab-aid-workshop-00
      IAB State: Active IAB Document

    • draft-iab-mnqeu-report-00
      IAB State: Active IAB Document

    • draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-05
      IAB State: Active IAB Document (EXPIRED)

    • draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-11
      In Community Review (ends 2022-03-07)

1.6. WG Chartering in Progress <5 mins (Public)


    • Privacy Preserving Measurement (PPM)
      Approved 2022-02-17 pending edits to be provided by the AD

2. BOF Coverage at IETF 113 (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)

  Open action item: 

    • 2022-03-02: All IAB to sign up for BOF coverage at IETF 113.


    • Computing-Aware Networking (CAN)
      IAB Shepherd: Zhenbin Li
      Coverage: Russ White

    • Media Over QUIC (MOQ)
      IAB Shepherd: Tommy Pauly
      Coverage: NEEDED

    • Source Address Validation in Intra-domain and Inter-domain 
      Networks (SAVNET)
      IAB Shepherd: Jari Arkko
      Coverage: Jared Mauch

3. draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model (Mirja) - 10 mins (Public)

  Goal: Is this document ready to approve?

4. IAB Lore for New Members (Cindy) - 20 mins (Public)


5. IAB Meeting Time, Length, and Cadence (Cindy) - 10 mins (Public)

Upcoming Teleconferences

  • 2022-03-09: IAB Business Meeting
    • draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model approval
    • IAB Lore for New Members
    • Meeting Time, Length, and Cadence

The schedule after IETF 113 will be determined soon.

Future Unscheduled Topics

  • Technical discussion: The Role of Interoperable Applications (followup from 2021-07-14 discussion)
  • Model-T followup (Jan/Feb, Jari)
  • Liaison tool bis document (Tommy)
  • How to stay in touch with previous IAB members? (Mirja)
  • IAB Website revamp (Cindy/Mirja)
  • Data Privacy (discussion led by Tommy; following up from 2021-12-08 technical discussion)
  • IAB Lore for New Members (Cindy)
  • How the IAB communicates (email, Slack, etc)
  • IAB Meeting time, length, and cadence (Cindy)
  • Sync up with New ISE (mid-May, after retreat)
  • NMRG Review
  • Updates from IANA
  • Further discussion on candidates and qualification for the GWG (April)

Past Teleconferences