From IAB Wiki
Revision as of 15:28, 11 August 2021 by Avezza (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search


IAB Agenda: 2021-08-11 1400 UTC

Agenda as of 2021-08-06. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.

1. Administrivia (Amy) - 5 mins (Public)

1.1. Attendance

1.2. Agenda bash and announcements 

1.3. Meeting Minutes

  • 2021-07-14 business meeting - (draft submitted 2021-07-14)
  • 2021-07-21 technical discussion - (draft submitted 2021-07-21) 

1.4. Action Item Review - 5 mins (Public)


    • 2021-07-14: Cindy Morgan to send draft-iab-arpa-authoritative-
      servers to the RFC Editor for publication.

    • 2021-07-14: Cindy Morgan to post and announce the IAB Statement on 
      Inclusive Language in IAB-Stream Documents.

   • 2021-07-14: Cindy Morgan to follow up on the ICANN RZERC 

    • 2021-07-14: Cindy Morgan to send email to the l3boundaries, ename, 
      and ename-workshop lists announcing that they will be closed (and 
      then close the lists).

  In Progress:

    • 2021-04-07: Wes Hardaker (with Cullen Jennings, Colin Perkins, and 
      Russ White) to come up with a list of subjective tags that define 
      common characteristics of good RFCs.

    • 2021-04-27: Deborah Brungard to work with Alvaro Retana (Jiankang 
      Yao, Zhenbin Li) on a proposal about the IAB coordinating outreach 

    • 2021-05-26: Russ White and Jared Mauch to review the IAB 
      discussion on "The Internet of Three Protocols" and draft a 
      problem statement to see if there is work that the IAB can do in 
      this space.

    • 2021-06-30: Karen O'Donoghue and Colin Perkins to see if they can 
      find someone to speak to the IAB about data privacy and the role 
      of data (AI efforts).

    • 2021-06-30: Colin Perkins to work with Cindy Morgan to schedule 
      reviews of ICNRG and PANRG.

    • 2021-07-14: Jari Arkko to set up an outline for a document on 
      consolidation and discovery that the IAB will live-edit at a 
      future technical discussion session.

  On Hold:

    • 2021-04-29: Tommy Pauly to come up with a list of things for the 
      IAB to review during the WG chartering process. 
      - Check back in August 2021

    • 2021-05-18: Mirja Kühlewind and Colin Perkins to continue working 
      with Niels ten Oever to refine the proposal for a workshop on IETF 
      participation trends.
      - Check back in August 2021

    • 2021-05-26: Jari Arkko and Wes Hardaker to send mail to the arch-
      discuss list at the appropriate time on the work ongoing in the 
      ICANN root server system (once the work stabilizes).

1.5. IAB Document Status Update - <5 mins (Public)


  Goal: Any updates on these documents?

  • draft-iab-arpa-authoritative-servers-01 
    IAB State: Sent to RFC Editor

  • draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-05
    IAB State: Active IAB Document

  • draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-00
    IAB State: I-D Exists

  • draft-iab-use-it-or-lose-it-01
    IAB State: Active IAB Document

1.6. WG Chartering in Progress - <5 mins (Public)


    • MAC Address Device Identification for Network and Application 
      Services (madinas)
      Internal Review
      IESG Telechat: 2021-08-12

    • Media Type Maintenance (mediaman) 
      Approved pending edits from the AD (2021-07-15)

    • Oblivious HTTP (ohttp)
      Internal Review
      IESG Telechat: none

2. Monthly Reports (Liaisons) - <5 mins (Public)

3. Liaison Management Tool (Tommy) - 10 mins (Public)

  Goal: Should an explicit approval step be added to the tool?

4. Model-T Program Review (Jari, Russ) - 30 mins (Public)

5. Next IAB Meeting <5 mins (Public)

  Goal: Does the IAB need to meet on 2021-08-18?

6. Executive Session: ICANN NomCom Appointment - 5 mins (Executive 

  Goal 1: Does this have enough nominations?

  Goal 2: Get volunteers to interview candidates

Upcoming Teleconferences

  • 2021-08-11: IAB Business Meeting
    • Model-T Program Review (Jari)
    • Adding an approval step to the LS management system in the datatracker (Tommy)
  • 2021-08-25: IAB Business Meeting
    • Setting up a new IETF liaison to ISO/TC 154] (with Francesca & SEDATE chairs)
    • Approval of the call for papers for the planned workshop on participation trends
    • Start community review for draft-iab-use-it-or-lose-it-01?
    • ICANN Root Server System Governance (Jari and Wes)
  • 2021-09-01: IAB Technical Discussion (reserved)
    • Consolidation and Discovery Document (Jari)
  • 2021-09-08: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2021-09-15: IAB Business Meeting (reserved)
  • 2021-09-22: IAB Business Meeting
    • IRTF RG Review: PANRG
  • 2021-09-29: IAB Technical Discussion (reserved)
  • 2021-10-06: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2021-10-13: IAB Business Meeting (reserved)
  • 2021-10-20: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2021-10-27: IAB Technical Discussion (reserved)

Future Unscheduled Topics

  • Who should or should not be on the mailing list? (Mirja, Wes?)
  • IRTF RG Review: ICNRG (November/December)
  • GWG/RRS discussion (Wes/Jari)
  • Technical discussion: The Role of Interoperable Applications (followup from 2021-07-14 discussion)
  • Technical discussion: IAB Doc on Consolidation & Discovery (Technical Discussion slot)
  • Technical discussion: draft-arkko-iab-path-signals-collaboration

Past Teleconferences