From IAB Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


IAB Agenda: 2022-01-12 0700 Pacific

Agenda as of 2022-01-07. IAB agendas are subject to change, up to and during the meeting.

1. Administrivia (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)

1.1. Attendance

1.2. Agenda bash and announcements 

1.3. Meeting Minutes

  • 2021-12-08 technical discussion - (posted 2021-12-08)
  • 2021-12-15 business meeting - (posted 2021-12-15)

1.4. Action item review - 5 mins (Public)


   • 2021-12-15: Mirja Kühlewind to submit the application for a liaison 
     relationship with ISO/TC 154.

   • 2021-12-15: Cindy Morgan to send a reminder about the ISOC BoT call 
     for nominations.

   • 2021-12-15: Cindy Morgan to send a message closing the ISE 
     nominations and updating the call for community feedback on 

  On Hold:

    • 2021-04-07: Wes Hardaker (with Cullen Jennings, Colin Perkins, and 
      Russ White) to come up with a list of subjective tags that define 
      common characteristics of good RFCs.

  In Progress:

    • 2021-05-26: Russ White and Jared Mauch to review the IAB 
      discussion on "The Internet of Three Protocols" and draft a 
      problem statement to see if there is work that the IAB can do in 
      this space.

    • 2021-08-25: Mirja Kühlewind and the Liaison Coordinators to set up 
      a formal liaison relationship with ISO/TC 154.


    • 2021-09-01: Jari Arkko to continue editing the document on the 
      role of discovery in ensuring that Internet technology is broadly 

    • 2021-09-08: Liaison Coordinators to come up with a list of 
      potential candidates to reach out to for future IAB-appointed 

    • 2021-10-06: IAB and ISOC to coordinate via email to set up a group 
      to agree on some high-level guidelines about how ISOC can talk 
      about IETF at WTSA.

    • 2021-10-27: Cullen Jennings to talk to David Schinazi about the 
      ISE job description.

    • 2021-11-17: Mirja Kühlewind and Cindy Morgan to put together some 
      options for the IAB Website revamp for the IAB to review.

   • 2021-12-15: Cullen Jennings, David Schinazi, and Tommy Pauly to 
     check in with the proponents of the proposed Secure Credential 
     Transfer BoF.

1.5. IAB Document Status Update < 5 mins (Public)

    • draft-arkko-iab-path-signals-collaboration
      IAB State: Active IAB Document

    • draft-iab-mnqeu-report-00
      IAB State: Active IAB Document

    • draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-05
      IAB State: Active IAB Document

1.6. WG Chartering in Progress <5 mins (Public)


    • Privacy Respecting Incorporation of Values (PRIV)
      Draft Charter

1.7. Proposed BOF Requests <5 mins (Public)


    • bofreq-secure-credential-transfer-bof-request-00 	(2021-12-07) 	
      Secure Credential Transfer BoF Request		

2. Plenary Planning Program Review (Wes) - 20 mins (Public)

  Goal: How do we want to organise IAB technical plenaries in future (if 
  at all)?

3. ISOC BoT Appointment (Cindy) - 5 mins (Public)

  Goal: Find volunteers for interviews

4. Executive Session: ISE Appointment (Executive Session)

  Goal: Discuss candidate interviews

5. Executive Session: IESG Slate Confirmation (Executive Session) 

Upcoming Teleconferences

  • 2022-01-12: IAB Business Meeting
    • Review plenary planning program: How do we want to organise IAB technical plenaries in future (if at all)? (January, Wes)
    • Executive Session: ISE Appointment
    • Executive Session: ISOC BoT Appointment
  • 2022-01-19: IAB Business Meeting
    • Monthly Reports
    • ICNRG Review
  • 2022-01-26: IAB Technical Discussion (reserved)
  • 2022-02-02: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-02-09: IAB Business Meeting (reserved)
  • 2022-02-16: IAB Business Meeting
    • Monthly Reports
  • 2022-02-23: IAB Technical Discussion (reserved)
  • 2022-03-02: IAB Business Meeting
  • 2022-03-09: IAB Business Meeting (reserved)

Future Unscheduled Topics

  • Technical discussion: The Role of Interoperable Applications (followup from 2021-07-14 discussion)
  • Model-T followup (Jan/Feb, Jari)
  • Liaison tool bis document (Tommy)
  • How to stay in touch with previous IAB members? (Mirja)
  • Brain-storming for IAB workshops for 2022 (January, Mirja)
  • IAB Website revamp (Cindy/Mirja)
  • Data Privacy (discussion led by Tommy; following up from 2021-12-08 technical discussion)

Past Teleconferences