The purpose of this program is to provide a focus for the IAB’s responsibility to manage the RFC Editor function, including the RSE.
The details of the RSE function, and the RSOC are documented in RFC 6635.
The Program’s main focus is on:
- Oversight of the RFC Series
- Assisting the RSE in policy matters as needed
- Oversight of the RSE
The active membership of this program consists of the RFC Series Oversight Committee (RSOC), which is primarily charged with executing the IAB responsibility to oversee the RSE.
- Christian Huitema (Lead)
- Mark Nottingham
- Sarah Banks (Chair)
- Jay Daley (IETF Administration LLC Liaison, non-voting)
- Tony Hansen
- John Levine (Temporary RFC Series Project Manager, non-voting)
- Adam Roach
- Peter Saint-Andre
Currently (last updated July 19, 2012) there is one short term, plus ongoing and longer term activities.
- Assist the RSE in developing community resolution on revising the RFC Format
- Oversee the RSE end of the joint RSE/IAOC process for developing new budget and SoW terms to reflect the published RFC and agreements on how to work with that.
- Assist the RSE in developing vision for the ongoing evolution of the RFC Series
Long term, the RSOC is responsible for overseeing the RSE, including the interaction of the RSE with the community.
The RSE is in turn responsible for the proper operation (including in terms of quantity and quality within budget) of the RFC Production and Publication facility, and reports on that directly to the IAB.
Public discussion: email@example.com
RSOC meeting minutes are available to the public here.