This page attempts to list all the active, publicly archived lists that are considered to be related to the IAB, in alphabetical order by list name.
- To subscribe: https://www.iab.org/mailman/listinfo/architecture-discuss
- Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/architecture-discuss/
The architecture-discuss list serves as a technical discussion forum for all members of the IETF community that are interested in larger architectural issues. It is meant to be an open discussion forum for all long and/or wide range architectural concerns related to the Internet Architecture. In particular, it may be used to discuss and bring forth different points of view on controversial architectural questions. Discussions that drill down and dwell on specifics of individual protocols or technologies are to be discouraged, redirected to appropriate other fora, or re-cast to discussions of broader implications for Internet architecture.
- To subscribe: https://www.iab.org/mailman/listinfo/emserv-discuss
- Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/emserv-discuss/
This list is for open discussion of emergency services. As communities around the world transition to next-generation emergency services infrastructure, there is a need to ensure that localities, countries, and governments understand the emergency services architecture developed by the IETF and how it can be leveraged to enable Internet-based emergency communications.
- To subscribe: https://www.iab.org/mailman/listinfo/i18n-discuss
- Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/i18n-discuss/
This list is for open discussion of internationalization in the Internet architecture.
- To subscribe: https://www.iab.org/mailman/listinfo/inip-discuss
- Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/inip-discuss/
The inip-discuss list is an open-subscription list, sponsored by the IAB, intended to be an open venue for discussion of the topics covered in the scope description for the IAB Internet Names and Identifiers Program. These topics broadly include the use and evolution of naming systems for the Internet, including but not limited to DNS and other protocols that use domain names. Contributions will be covered by the IETF Note Well.
The list is intended to provide input and perspective, at the architectural level, to discussions in current or potential IETF, IAB, or IRTF activities on the topics the Program was formed to address. It is not intended to replace or supersede discussions in the IETF on specific protocol matters, such as those addressed in the charter for the DNSOP WG. It is also not intended to replace or supersede having a formal membership and deliverables for the IAB program, which is managed at the discretion of the IAB.
- To subscribe: https://www.iab.org/mailman/listinfo/internetgovtech
- Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/internetgovtech/
The focus of this list is issues relating to Internet governance and regulation, including the 2014 ITU Plenipotentiary Conference, and their potential to impact the future of the Internet architecture. In that regard, the community is invited to participate in this mailing list with an eye toward both receiving more information about these events and advising the IAB by identifying key issues for which the board may wish to provide technical clarifications on how certain policy outcomes could impact the Internet architecture. Examples could include IPv6 deployment, spam, cybersecurity, and obstacles or challenges to Internet adoption. This will be an IAB maintained list, and will be subject to normal IETF process (such as the NOTE WELL statement).
- To subscribe: https://www.iab.org/mailman/listinfo/iotsi
- Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=iotsi
For discussions about Internet of Things Semantic Interoperability.
- To subscribe: https://www.iab.org/mailman/listinfo/iotsu
- Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=iotsu
For discussions about Internet of Things software updates.
- To subscribe: https://www.iab.org/mailman/listinfo/privsec-discuss
- Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/privsec-discuss/
This list is for discussion of security and privacy topics within the Internet technical standards community.
- To subscribe: https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest
- Archive: https://www.rfc-editor.org/pipermail/rfc-interest/
This mailing list has been created by the RFC Editor to facilitate community discussion on the RFC series and to make suggestions about RFC Editor functions. The RFC Editor hopes that this mailing list will provide a focal point for input, information, and discussion about the details of the RFC process, as well as an archive to avoid the continual re-hashing of some issues. Topics appropriate to this list may include formatting, tools, style, content, and indexing aspects of the RFC series. It will not be used for discussion of the IETF standards process, general IETF organizational issues, or issues for which the NOTE WELL admonition is needed for IPR reasons.
- To subscribe: https://www.iab.org/mailman/listinfo/stackevo-discuss
- Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/stackevo-discuss/
This list is for discussion of various topics in the evolution of IPv4 and IPv6, the transport protocols running over IP, and the overall protocol stack architecture.